Sign in to follow this  
sasori

English Translations of Pegasus Press (German) Supplements?

WinstonP

As the title suggests, I would love to know if there are any English translations of the Pegasus Press books around. Specifically those that were only published in German?

I'm particularly interested in this one:

http://www.yog-sothoth.com/wiki/index.php/Chaugnar_Faugns_Fluch_(Kampagne)

If not, is this a licensing issue?

You linked to the English original of 'Curse'. Was that intentional?

GBSteve

Stuff like Wales or Berlin has never been translated, unfortunately.

andreroy

To my knowledge only articles from their magazine Cthuloide Welten (Worlds of Cthulhu) and Cathulhu were translated into English.

However I know that some of their books have been translated into the French (6e edition)...specifically: Terra Cthuliana (very hard to get), Dementophobia (fairly easy to get), Necronomicon (very hard to get).

Black-Seal-Editor

If not, is this a licensing issue?

Speaking as the former editor of Worlds of Cthulhu, yes it was, back in the day. Only Chaosium could publish foreign licensee Pegasus Spiel's original German language material in English. That was back in the 2000s. What the situation is under new Chaosium I know nothing of.

There is also a financial disincentive to publish foreign language material in English if the original game is in English - the material has to be translated and edited, the original author or publisher and the translator have to be paid making foreign material more expensive than original English language material. Plus there is a pool of material already in English that the foreign material has to compete against.

sasori

You linked to the English original of 'Curse'. Was that intentional?

Sorry, fixed that!

Speaking as the former editor of Worlds of Cthulhu, yes it was, back in the day. Only Chaosium could publish foreign licensee Pegasus Spiel's original German language material in English. That was back in the 2000s. What the situation is under new Chaosium I know nothing of.

There is also a financial disincentive to publish foreign language material in English if the original game is in English - the material has to be translated and edited, the original author or publisher and the translator have to be paid making foreign material more expensive than original English language material. Plus there is a pool of material already in English that the foreign material has to compete against.

Yeah, that's what I figured, but thought I would ask anyway!