HJ

Ancient coffin breaks as child put in it at Southend museum

HJ

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-41012491

A sad story from Southend or perhaps they had a more nefarious reason for putting the kid in the coffin. Rather bizarrely, much to her chagrin, my Mum's motor scooter used to be on display in this museum.

Do any of the archaeologists on the forum know any recent news about the royal Saxon tomb they found at Prittlewell a few years ago. It was supposed to go on display at some point. Paul with your "Back to Basildon" issues, it would suggest that you are now the expert on south Essex stuff.

HJ

PoC

Paul with your "Back to Basildon" issues, it would suggest that you are now the expert on south Essex stuff.

I couldn't tell you about Prittlewell, but I can tell you Basildon Bond is quite nice stationery. :-)

HJ

Wrong Basildon for the paper strangely. It comes from that staple of period dramas, Basildon Park, which has an amazingly decorated tea room downstairs.

ReydeAmarillo

Having grown up in Essex (and left as soon as I was old enough) I am both unsurprised by the stupidity of those who caused that damage and very surprised that anyone would want to go "Back to Basildon" ☺.