PoC

Masks of Nyarlathotep - New 2018 Edition

MOB
33 minutes ago, Raiko said:

I'm curious, if I order the PDF from Chaosium will I be able to use the voucher to pre-order the slip case edition from Chaosium?

Or will the voucher only arrive when the slip-case is hitting the stores? Will Chaosium offer pre-orders of the slip-case?

I'm in the UK.

At the moment I'm torn about what to do...

I definitely want the slip-case and the pdf, I'm happy to support Chaosium directly, and I think I want to get the pdf early - I'll be playing it with my daughter and she's off to uni in September.

But I'm a little concerned that I'll only be able to place the discounted order for the physical book when it's already arriving in the stores.

The two volume hardback slipcase edition will retail for USD$129.99. With the coupon from your Chaosium.com PDF purchase you will only pay $70.00 ($129.99 - $59.99 coupon = $70.00) when buying the slipcase direct from Chaosium.

We're printing the physical books in China. Once the slipcases have arrived in our fulfilment warehouses (USA, UK, Australia) and are ready to go on sale we will send the coupon out to everyone who has bought the PDF. We don't have a precise date for that, but if all goes to plan with delivery and customs, we are aiming for September.

The printed books will also go out into retail distribution then, and so will probably start to hit stores a few weeks later.

JeffMindlin
2 hours ago, MOB said:

The two volume hardback slipcase edition will retail for USD$129.99. With the coupon from your Chaosium.com PDF purchase you will only pay $70.00 ($129.99 - $59.99 coupon = $70.00) when buying the slipcase direct from Chaosium.

Thanks for the clarification. I was looking for a voucher code on my receipt for purchasing the pdf. 

Looking forward to it. 

MOB

Masks of Nyarlathotep is the Number One seller at DriveThruRPG!

132915057_ScreenShot2018-07-03at6_46_56pm.png.91ab441aae46fddd7f87c1bce0e5dcb6.png

(remember though, the coupon for the printed version is only for purchases at Chaosium.com)

Raiko
2 hours ago, MOB said:

We're printing the physical books in China. Once the slipcases have arrived in our fulfilment warehouses (USA, UK, Australia) and are ready to go on sale we will send the coupon out to everyone who has bought the PDF. We don't have a precise date for that, but if all goes to plan with delivery and customs, we are aiming for September.

The printed books will also go out into retail distribution then, and so will probably start to hit stores a few weeks later.

Thanks for the quick clarification, that's made my mind up. :)

wharfedalehome

As there has been much talk of Chaosium vouchers for MoN hard back copies...

To keep your options open (and your later money discount) for buying the hard back version of MoN you not only have to buy the PDF from Chaosium (obviously) but you MUST also have a customer account to. So DON'T buy it as a guest, which you can easily do if you're not careful. As a guest Chaosium won't record your details (reasonably enough) and so I can't think of  anyway that you could claim a voucher for later redemption if you buy this way.

In any case, registering with them as a customer is a good idea. If you wish to purchase from them more than once (you do want to buy more yet goodies don't you?) it's simpler and quicker for subsequent purchases.

Of course a more knowledgeable person at Chaosium may well come along and tell you different about "guest" purchases, so go with whatever they tell you and I apologise in advance if my advice above is not correct.

All the best.

Tim

MOB
2 hours ago, wharfedalehome said:

To keep your options open (and your later money discount) for buying the hard back version of MoN you not only have to buy the PDF from Chaosium (obviously) but you MUST also have a customer account to. So DON'T buy it as a guest, which you can easily do if you're not careful. As a guest Chaosium won't record your details (reasonably enough) and so I can't think of  anyway that you could claim a voucher for later redemption if you buy this way.

If you check out as a guest then your coupon can't be sent to you automatically when we make the coupons available. Instead, the customer will have to contact us so we can verify the purchase. We'd certainly honour a guest check out, we just won't have that information automatically.

If you register as a customer, you'll also get the updates to the PDFs.

Please remember that the PDF coupon only applies for purchases at Chaosium.com. You don't get the coupon buying from DriveThruRPG.

wharfedalehome

MOB - thanks, that was helpful.

KnygathinZhaum

After much grumbling from me in this thread, I bought the PDF post-haste. I skimmed through for about a hundred pages and I have to say...the layout is frikkin' beautiful. Y'all do a really fine job of taking the pain of expensive RPG purchases down to tolerable levels. 

And Yog bless Loïc Muzy, natch.

Cangarwbach

I was fortunate enough to Kickstart Chaosium's Miskatonic University game. One of the stretch goals was a 10% coupon for a one-off purchase with Chaosium (which expires on 30 September 2018). Seeing I've got a wishlist that currently includes: Masks of Nyarlathotep, The Two-Headed Serpent and Reign of Terror; I think that was the best Kickstarter move I've made.

KnygathinZhaum

Same here. That 6 dollars off really took the weight of the 120 dollar pricetag-

yeah, heh. not really.

Cangarwbach
15 hours ago, KnygathinZhaum said:

Same here. That 6 dollars off really took the weight of the 120 dollar pricetag-

yeah, heh. not really.

Well, for me in UK £ 2-headed serpent is £34, Reign of Terror £26, and MoN probably about £110. £17 off £170 isn't bad at all.

MOB

With Masks of Nyarlathotep now in release, Call of Cthulhu line editor Mike Mason and associate editor Lynne Hardy talk about it about it in this new video series.

Today's topic to kick things off is Call of Cthulhu itself...

(also at the 16 second mark is our new animated logo for Chaosium)

Natai

Anyone know of a place to submit typos and such for the new Masks?

I'm hoping to run the Peru Prologue in a couple of weeks and have been working my way through making a few play aids for that chapter. In doing so, I've come across a few small typos and a couple of instances where the written description of something doesn't seem to line up with an illustration. Figured Chaosium might be able to make use of such things before the print version comes out. 

littleo

Look at page 13 of this thread for the link to the errata thread over at BRP.

M

Natai
3 hours ago, littleo said:

Look at page 13 of this thread for the link to the errata thread over at BRP.

M

Completely missed that. Thanks

shoggothsean

Now that Chaosium's PDF is out, we're sharing a sneak preview of a few of the props that are included in our Masks of Nyarlathotep Gamer Prop Set. Details available over at the H.P. Lovecraft Historical Society. We anticipate we'll start shipping these out the first week of August. Our radio drama of Masks and our more deluxe editions (which include said radio play) should be shipping a month or so after that - we have to finish the 7 hour radio drama so we can include it.

GPS-Samples-text.jpg

Cangarwbach
7 hours ago, shoggothsean said:

Now that Chaosium's PDF is out, we're sharing a sneak preview of a few of the props that are included in our Masks of Nyarlathotep Gamer Prop Set. Details available over at the H.P. Lovecraft Historical Society. We anticipate we'll start shipping these out the first week of August. Our radio drama of Masks and our more deluxe editions (which include said radio play) should be shipping a month or so after that - we have to finish the 7 hour radio drama so we can include it.

Any news as to when preordering will be available for the deluxe and super deluxe versions?

(Sorry @shoggothsean - I'm badgering you both here and on FB. I'm overseas for two weeks and terrified of missing out).

shoggothsean

Here's the sitch: we've got two props where we're still working with one of our prop masters to try and change the design to make the props as affordable and as light as possible. They haven't been resolved just yet and I won't be surprised if it takes another week or two to solve it. Because the Super Deluxe and Deluxe sets can't go anywhere until the radio drama's done, we're not rushing them along. We are trying to make sure the Gamer Prop Set meets an Aug. 1 deadline, so most of our efforts have been focused on the production side of that, plus the production of the Dark Adventure Radio Theatre episode of Masks.

Afraid of the dark

"More diverse paper types" 

I did think when I saw the picture that different types of paper should be used. That answers that question.

PaulFricker

No game could wish for anything better than a prop set from the HPLHS - I'm really looking forward to seeing these!

Also, in case you missed it, we released the second episode of our Masks special this week, in which Mike Mason, Lynne Hardy, Scott Dorward and myself openly discuss the new Masks of Nyarlathotep, spoilers and all. You can listen to the Good Friends of Jackson Elias episode 134 right here. 

MOB

Mike and Lynne are back! In Part Two, they talk about what to expect from the new edition of Masks of Nyarlathotep: