nickedwardscru

Scenarios which could be adapted for Yellow King playtest campaign

nickedwardscru

In the next few months I am going to run a short-ish campaign in The Wars setting in the forthcoming Yellow King game.

There are no published scenarios available yet and although I will try and create some material myself I was hoping to plug some gaps by adapting scenarios from similar games.

The Wars setting is, in brief set an alternative version of WW1/WW2 with a suitably Yellow Sign wierdness/madness/corruption. I do own Shadows of War from CoC but  I don't think there is anything suitable there. Can anyone suggest scenarios - whether from things like Achtung Cthulhu or similar horror games? I would prefer mysteries but combat-heavy is ok too.

PoC

You could have a look at John Wick's Curse of the Yellow Sign Act I: Digging for a Dead God which is set on the brink of WWII. It is fairly "sandboxy" though with pre-gens and character agendas.

I'm sure others will have more/more suitable suggestions!

The_Tatterdemalion_King

Have you looked at Soldiers of Pen and Ink and Dulce et Decorum Est

GBSteve

You could also look at Unknown Armies for high weirdness.

nickedwardscru

Thanks TDK, purchasing in progress, I had forgotten about those (I am a completist up to about 2010 but have plenty of gaps after that). I'll also look at Unknown Armies. And have remembered i should dig up my copy of the Shoah-themed supplement to a horror game I can't now remember (I thought at the time it was a legitimate effort despite the subject though I don't personally want to put it front and centre as a theme in what, in the end, is an evening entertainment).

vincentVV

Warning! If you are to use Curse of the Yellow Sign - you will need at least 4-5 players (no less) who are ready to play their own agendas. That's not like a usual CoC game where players are a team of investigators.

So, both you and your players must accept this style of game in oder for it to go well.

rsanford

Warning! If you are to use Curse of the Yellow Sign - you will need at least 4-5 players (no less) who are ready to play their own agendas. That's not like a usual CoC game where players are a team of investigators.

So, both you and your players must accept this style of game in oder for it to go well.

Thanks - useful warning!

nickedwardscru

Have you looked at Soldiers of Pen and Ink and Dulce et Decorum Est

I now have SoP&I and it's perfect - thanks