mvincent

Cthulhu Wars: Onslaught 3 - Kickstarter

mvincent

Inexplicably, Sandy Petersen is still cranking out more Mythos miniatures:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1816687860/cthulhu-wars-onslaught-3

I backed the previous Kickstarters, and ended up with absolute Mountains of Miniatures. Seriously, I was shocked (excellent quality, too). He really commits (with an obsessive attention to detail). After the last KS, I was kinda curious what was left for him to make.

What's everyone's take on the newest stuff? The new investigator minis definitely appear to be post-apoc.

SandyPetersen

Yes the investigators are post-apocalypse. After all it is taking place in the time after Cthulhu's uprisal. Really I guess they're not "investigators" any more. No one needs proof of Cthulhu's existence. 

My goal is pretty much to produce the biggest, most complete set of Lovecraftian figures ever done. Probably I completed that task years ago, but it goes on. Now I have the Hound, and even the Bloated Woman. And dreamlands obscurities such as Wamps and Vooniths. 

cjearkham

The most obvious absence is Nodens, but I'd also like to the see the crawling creatures from "The Nameless City" (possibly related to the Yothans but certainly not the same), the almost-human Men of Leng (likewise, close to your Satyrs but not the same), and the winged hound-creature of "The Hound". Elsewhere you'd mentioned wanting to do the Space-Eaters, but I'd also like to see CAS's Vulthoom and the Aihais (which pair cries out for a Mars map), and Kuttner's Watchers. If you're up to another round of independent Great OId Ones, I'd like to see Nug and Yeb, Lloigor and Zhar, and Zushakon, Iod, and Vorvadoss.

AdamAlexander

These are all great suggestions and I hope they get some consideration.

mvincent

I *loved* all the previous minis... now I just need a chance to use them in CoC.

In this new one, I like the concept art for the Masks of Nyarlathotep, especially the Sphinx form (I used an Arcane Legions Sphinx as a proxy for this last time I ran MoN).

cjearkham

Sandy has just revealed a Nodens "miniature", free to all backers.

a9de5ab6926fe8571f213341c3a6c727_origina

Nick Storm

oh noe...not to my tastes. I will probably back this KS as the Bloated Woman and the Dark Pharaoh are excellent but there as some really meh sculpts in this one.  

carpocratian

It would be nice if there was a pledge where you just get one of each sculpt (even the cultists).  I have no interest in the board game itself (not my type of thing), and will only be using them with CoC, so I don't need multiples of cultists and creatures.  That's why I have never bought the core game, either.  I was having a hard time convincing myself to back this, especially with the Reaper Bones Kickstarter going on, but finally decided that I would just sell the duplicates.

I don't see any way to put add-ons in the pledge - is that something that you do after the campaign?

AdamAlexander

I bailed out of both this and Bones this time. Unpacking box after box of unopened miniatures after a recent move convinced me that they are probably the last thing I need more of right now. It would be nice to just get the investigators, though.

PoC

This Kickstarter closed at: $1,076,211/$100,000 USD from 4,130 backers.