Munchezuma

PAX Unplugged, Philadelphia, November 2017

Munchezuma

Curious if anyone is attending PAX Unplugged, or, frankly, if anyone is hearing any details about it.

It feels like there is a odd lack of information on events, sponsors, exhibitors, well, pretty much everything, for a show that is five months off.

MrHandy

I've heard about it, but I don't know the details myself. I'm not going, as I'm planning to attend PhilCon, which is the same weekend (and, oddly, in New Jersey).

JS113

Todd who runs the Chaosium organized play just sent an email saying they will have a booth and are trying to run a slate of Call of Cthulhu and RuneQuest games!

MrHandy

I had found out that Philcon was actually moved to the previous weekend, so I can attend PAX Unplugged, but I just found out that I'll have to leave on a trip early that Saturday morning, so I'll only be there on Friday. Even then, I won't be there the whole day, as I'll need to pack. The schedule did recently get posted online.

Munchezuma

I've signed up to GM for Chaosium/Todd. Pretty excited about it, it'll be my first time running a game at a con.

JS113

Me too! see you there.

Munchezuma

For something that came together quite last minute, Chaosium has quite a schedule of stuff going on. I'm curious to see how the registration goes, as details on that seem quite sparse.

Any other Yoggie attendees? Look forward to seeing you there JS113!

Travern

The PAX schedule, having filled out considerably since the last time I looked at it, includes CoC events on all three days.  There are the scenarios Necropolis, Camp Sunny, What's in the Cellar, The Kids Are Alright, Weekend in the Woods for 7th edition and Midnight Masquerade for Pulp.

And Pelgrane Press and Cubicle7 have booths at the Expo Hall.

Munchezuma

Games in general including the Chaosium stuff are filling up fast. I believe Todd mentioned their games filled up in 15 minutes this morning. So get to the sign in table early if you are looking to play. The PAX folks were also working hard to put together impromptu groups as well.

Also, at least my game had great prize support. One of my players walked out with a copy of Pulp Cthulhu.