MartyJopson

The Two-Headed Serpent - Keeper Diaries

RogerBW

I tend to do things somewhat the other way round from Marty - I like PDFs when I'm preparing the game (I can quickly look through multiple books and search for the specific thing I'm after), but I prefer a hardcopy book when I'm actually at the table. For me a laptop has a distancing effect something like a GM's screen, so even if I use one it'll be off to the side.

For adventures (whether written by me or published by someone else) I always have the active notes on disposable paper (copied from the book if necessary), because I like to be able to write in changes as they happen - this encounter happened here so it won't happen there, he's now dead, etc.

ContentsMayVary

@RogerBW: I use an 10" tablet to view the PDFs at the table - it's a lot less intrusive than a laptop (and it's actually smaller than the books!)

MartyJopson

Episode 3 is now available - but my Keeper Diary is delayed due to paid work and / or incompetence :-)

[File retired.]

In this one, entitled Lafuente Unmasked there is a dramatic and dangerous fight at the camp site. Like the title suggests, the big-bad is revealed...

MartyJopson

And here is my Keeper Diary containing an interview with Mike Mason, line manager for Call of Cthulhu games and designer for Pulp Cthulhu. There is some interesting stuff here, including some hints about upcoming releases...

MartyJopson

Now! Available for your ears! Episode 4 of The Two Headed Serpent. It's Frittata time as the players discover the Temple of the Dreamer and a whole mess o'snakes.

[File retired.]

More keeper diary goodness coming up...

MartyJopson

And here is the Keeper Diary for this one:

AndreasDavour

I usually improvise and cut in sections of other scenarios when I run a game, being able to grab a book and thumb through to some interesting section is vital. For that, dead trees can't be beaten.

Using an electronic copy would be very useful for times when you look up specifics, as then you could use search functions. For me that has yet to happen, though, as I have no screen good enough to use for an extended time period.

RogerBW

Cliffhangers: it's nice when they happen organically, but I don't try to force them. I think RPG narratives have their own shape, just as film or book narratives do, and they work best when they're not made to conform to the expectations of other media.

MartyJopson

Woot - back from my holiday in the Dales. God's own country and all that. And it's snake time!!

The latest episode is entitled "Mammaries on a snake" and can be found in your podcast feed of choice, or at the usual place here:

[File retired.]

But possibly even more exciting is my interview with the author of this chapter, Paul Fricker. Enjoy...

Lost Sojourner

Marty, I have been directed to this thread to ask about the above map: What year is it?

Edit: To clarify, I see the map is of 1926 NYC, I am asking whether it is a prop or a reprint, or if you discovered a period map.

MartyJopson

It is an A3 print of a map I downloaded from the David Rumsey Map Collection. I will post about this more later but here is link to the site

The map in question was slightly altered to change the name of the building that houses the Caduceus Foundation.

Lost Sojourner

Thanks Marty.  You actually answered my question about the Caduceus Foundation.

MartyJopson

Hi all - sorry for a lack of Keeper Diaries. Real life has kept me away from such frivolity. More will arrive in due course...