AdamAstonbury

Cthulhu Confidential: scenario playing times ?

AdamAstonbury

Just about to get to grips with Cthulhu Confidential.

Anyone who has ran any of the scenarios yet can offer guidance on how long they take to complete ? Can they be done in an evening's play or do they require longer ?

Finn

Each of the published scenarios (two from the book and a playtest of one) I've run has taken about 6-8 hours of gameplay usually over 2 sessions.   Your mileage may obviously vary - I can imagine a player who is very focussed on getting through it taking as few as 2-3 hours, or a player who is enjoying the atmosphere and savouring every scene to its fullest could take longer.

GBSteve

I ran Fatal Frequencies in one session, about 3 hours I guess. We're both seasoned gamers and it was very focussed. There was plenty of enjoyment of the atmosphere and savouring scenes.

KidMystic

I've run Fatal Frequencies for my wife. We've spent a whole lot of time roleplaying one-on-one and tend to enjoy chewing the scenery together, so it took us about 3 3-hour play sessions to finish. I could definitely see getting through it much more quickly if you were less interested in shooting the breeze with Lt O'Connor over coffee.

csmithadair

They usually took a couple of sessions for me.