carnage_lee

How Archaeology Influences Geekery

carnage_lee

The latest episode of The Archaeology Fantasies Podcast gives YSDC (and Paul and Helen) a big name check; one of the presenters calls YSDC 'the premier Cthulhu resource on-line' - when he mentions the recordings of James Holloway's lecture(s) (Lairs of Cthulhu: The Hollywood Years) which Paul recorded.

Here's the podcast's synopsis:

"Today we talk with special guest David Anderson about how archaeology has influenced various bits of Geek Culture. We look at archaeological themes in Star Trek and Star Wars, See how it influenced D&D and other gaming systems, and stumble our way through archaeology in video games."

The First segment is about the influence on Star Wars and Star Trek by Archaeology, the second about RPG's (which is where I am up to so far) - quite a few interesting observations so far.

PoC

Thanks for the heads-up, Lee! I will have to check that out.

All due credit: it was @GBSteve who did the recording. :-)

carnage_lee

Drat, failed to cross-check my source.

Just finished listening; it's an incredibly positive and very interesting discussion about how 'Archaeology Influences Geekery' - and all three of the presenters are extremely enthusiastic about  RPG's and table-top games (and Jeb Card, specifically, has a soft-spot for Call of Cthulhu).

Now I'm off to make a cup o' coffee and listen to the lectures that GBSteve recorded :)