SJE

Curse of Nineveh

GBSteve

Upper Norwood isn't really Croydon. I live in the area and some of the geography is a bit confusing. I've been offering helpful information to our GM who is very gracious in his incorporating it into the game.

UncleRiotous

I'm running my game in a function room in a pub in Croydon. I'm really looking forward to chapter five.

I did some research on Bethlem last week before starting chapter three and was a bit disappointed that the author obviously hadn't done.

DadsAngry

If you look in the supplement "Taint of Madness" it has a map of Bethlem and some background of the facility.

UncleRiotous

Yeah it's a great source it just cut completely against the scenario which feels like the author took a sanitarium adventure amd labelled it Bethlem.

GBSteve

I was disappointed that they no longer rent you a stick. James Tilly Matthews, he of the Air Loom Gang, is my favourite former patient. He even put in a design for a new hospital.

SJE

Upper Norwood isn't really Croydon. I live in the area and some of the geography is a bit confusing. I've been offering helpful information to our GM who is very gracious in his incorporating it into the game.

*Gives my GM death glare*

Helen

I'll be running at least part of Chapter 4 on Saturday. Any advice? It's the chapter I'm feeling least confident with.

christian

Has anyone put forward a compilation of the NPC portraits from Curse of Nineveh, perchance?

UncleRiotous

I've done character portraits but only as far as chapter 3 so far. When I'm at home tonight I'll try to post what I've got.

christian

Thanks

GBSteve

SJE has put ours on index cards so we can add notes and scribble on their faces when they die.

christian

Thanks !

Great work, thank you so much

SJE

So Catland escalated fast today- two PC's wound up in Tooting's Saint George Hospital from (different) feline damage at the start of the scenario.

GBSteve's occultist Major made me smile when he Critted a certain POW roll - i looked at the text and thought it was too harsh to jump straight into- so he had a a weird dream of pouncing and hunting and swallowing and the next morning couldnt find his little dog. And woke up with cat eyes. He had choices along the way, but wound up going full Cat... and aceding to certain inhuman demands made of him, so while he didnt die, he no longer remained a PC by the end of the evening! Sometimes you dont go mad and die in Cthulhu- sometimes its even worse to crit rather than fail a roll!

Very enjoyable scenario - kudo's to Scott for writing it. As the reality progressed to level 3, I played a YouTube cat meow video which is amongst the most disturbing sound track I've ever had in a game- the constant sound of cats purring, yowling and squalling.

UncleRiotous

That sounds awesome. Really looking forward to that chapter.

ScottDorward

I'm happy to hear it went so well, Steve! I'm also happy to hear that there were survivors. It can be a brutal chapter.

That was an excellent way of handling the effect of the crit POW roll. I wish I'd thought of that.

SJE

I'm struggling not to make the Major a Tom cat. ;)

christian

Hi

I'm going to try to run Curse of Nineveh, after a very enjoyable "Arrius Lurco" campaign. My players liked it, but they would like to come back to the Roaring twenties ;-) and more investigating, after having skewered various vilains and monstrosities. Curse seems well-put together but rather "dry" so I'll see how this translates. I have a few questions, basic ones: I DO NOT understand how the Brightman statue differs from the Selcibuc statue. Is it the same? Can't possibly be, methinks. Brightman brought his back, sleepless nights all included, and kept it, and showed it ro Rayburn Price. While Selcibuc got hers from Glossop who got killed for his pains. So are these two statues exactly alike, ie solid gold, cursed, etc....? That's what I've surmised but that seems such a cheap trick, and there is no explanation for it. Please help, friends

SJE

I think it's a similar but different statuette- possibly the stolen Nabu Ascendant rather than the Nabu Incarnate that Neve was given.

That said Brightman had access to the artifacts before they were even catalogued by the British Museum, so it may be a third statue of an Nabu. In my game, the PC's found it at the hideout of the Children and it was used as evidence in Children's trial to prove they murdered Brightman.

christian

thanks

christian

Even though I really like the portraits in "Curse of Nineveh", I always prefer to offer my players templates with the faces of contemporary actors, so, in case anyone is interested, here are a few of my character cards for Curse. 

post-205-0-56292000-1492444145_thumb.png

Eddy

Even though I really like the portraits in "Curse of Nineveh", I always prefer to offer my players templates with the faces of contemporary actors, so, in case anyone is interested, here are a few of my character cards for Curse. 

I like them...any more?

christian

Another one, a third one, and the fourth, the fifth, the sixth and the last one, for now, I think, with a few nameless protagonists.

Hope you enjoy them.

post-205-0-19136700-1492446108_thumb.png

post-205-0-20478000-1492446575_thumb.png

post-205-0-12987300-1492446734_thumb.png

post-205-0-00330900-1492447358_thumb.png

post-205-0-09923200-1492447474_thumb.png

post-205-0-62451200-1492447793_thumb.png

GBSteve

I'm now playing Neve, a character written by my wife. Let's see if she lasts longer than the Major.

UncleRiotous

I'm running Bedlam at the moment and next session the players will most likely be storming Sauvageot's lair with the police which leaves me with a couple of questions.

Am I right that the police wouldn't be carrying firearms (and would frown upon any characters who decided to bring firearms with them)?  Kind of makes sense to me but it's going to make that running battle pretty lethal.

It says that if they try a full frontal assault then Sauvageot will step up his plans and flay Puncheon while the battle is going on upstairs.  Any suggestions on how to handle that?  Does that mean that he'll just be ready to start as they arrive or if they're not quick they'll arrive in time to see him duck out as what remains of Puncheon expires?