Yog-Sothothery Newsletter Read more... ×
Nemo235

Call of Cthulhu publication database?

Nemo235

Waaaay back in 2007 I started a list here on Yog of everything published for CoC at that time.

I also seem to remember there was a similar database already here on the site, but cannot seem to find it now.

I was just curious as to where that may have disappeared.

Also, does anyone have a detailed description of the first print of the first edition. Like, the color of ink, flyers and ads, paper or card covers, any tiny identifiers that would identify a first print.

I recently bought a 2" box set on eBay, and would like to confirm it is one of the early or first prints of the game.

I don't even know if there were multiple prints of the 2" box set. Just curious.

Thanks everyone!

PoC

Much of that information has since been integrated into the CthulhuWiki.

The 2" deep Call of Cthulhu boxed sets were all 1st prints, 2nd prints onwards were in shallower boxes.

rmeints

Chaosium did a single printing (5000 copies) of the First Edition 2" deep box set for Call of Cthulhu (CHA2009-X)

TheHistorian

There is also a limited edition of 200 signed/numbered/inscribed by Sandy. I wouldn't be surprised if those 200 were culled from the original lot of 5000.

rmeints

The Designer's Edition, which is the 200 copies of the 2" box set were indeed part of that 5000 copy print run. Chaosium did a lot of its own collation of boxed sets and they had their own shrink-wrap machine.

While Chaosium referred to the Designer's Edition as 2009-DX, the box has the 2009-X product code on it. Sandy autographed and did the X of 200 numbering on the back of the box, towards the top.

PoC

While Chaosium referred to the Designer's Edition as 2009-DX, the box has the 2009-X product code on it. Sandy autographed and did the X of 200 numbering on the back of the box, towards the top.

Yep, signed on the back by Sandy.

call-of-cthulhu-designers-edition.jpg

TheHistorian

Signed and numbered and inscribed inside in the main rulebook as well!