PoC

News from Pnakotus S2

PoC

Thanks again if you managed to join us for today's News from Pnakotus LIVE. Marty managed to pop by so it's a double-host edition.

The recorded version will be out later this week.

gallery_2_48_690127.jpg

PoC

nfp-052-banner.jpg

News from Pnakotus, Nov 2017: High Current Kill

News from Pnakotus #052 is out on our public podcast feed. (Patrons got it a few days ago along with various video clips.)

Featuring codes of honour, mansions of madness, mysterious voids and more...

Thanks to our LIVE audience (who watch it as it happens and are able to join in).

The file contains chapters and links if you've got a suitable podcast player.

gallery_2_48_164356.jpg

PoC

Thanks to all 30-odd folks who joined us for News from Pnakotus LIVE in 360º today.

The recorded version will be out for Patrons Wednesday and on general release, Friday.

PoC

nfp-053-banner.jpg

News from Pnakotus, Nov 2017: The Cthulhu Hack Pack

The recording of Monday's NfP is now out on general release (until the next one comes along).

Nessie, evil high priests, and various abominations are a few of the topics under discussion in this edition.

The podcast file contains chapters, links and images if you've got a suitable player.

Our thanks again to everyone who managed to join us LIVE for the show.

PoC

In our last NfP of the year, tomorrow I'll be giving away a signed copy of Three Faces of the Wendigo (for The Cthulhu Hack), live on the show.

86ef3cc107a8ad3dae7206fdd095f63a.jpg

Thanks to Paul Baldowski for the promotional copy!

PoC

nfp-054-banner.jpg

News from Pnakotus, Dec 2017: Cards at Christmas

Monday's NfP broadcast is now out on release via YSDC's public podcast feed. A meeting of Dragons, gifts and postcards from London are just some of the topics talked about in our final edition of the year.

Congratulations to @joerg73, who won the signed copy of Three Faces of the Wendigo during the on-air giveaway.

In 2018 News from Pnakotus will move to a Wednesday morning (10:30am UK) slot. Find out when the next show is by visiting our LIVE broadcast page.

The podcast file contains chapters, links and images if you've got a suitable player.

nfp-054-podcast-screenshot.jpg

PoC

Our first show of the new year is News from Pnakotus this Wednesday (10th Jan.). Besides having a new theme tune and a lot to talk about we'll also be discussing our giveaway of 10 sets of Google Cardboard (stereoscopic 3D viewers).

NfP #055 for January 2018 will be broadcast live in 360º Wednesday morning (UK time) with podcasted release few days later (firstly for Patrons, and then full public release).

google-cardboard-stereo-3d-image.jpg

PoC

nfp-055-banner.jpg

News from Pnakotus, Jan 2018: π(e)

Now on public release, the first News from Pnakotus of the year. Join me and Marty as we discuss a lot of Lovecraftian news and views in this extended edition of NfP, including...

Miskatonic Repository, Alone Against the Dark, London Lovecraft Festival 2018, Live from Miskatonic: Ramsey Campbell in Conversation, Cthulhu Confidential: The Shadow Over Washington and Problem and Edges Deck, Delta Green: Viscid, John Carter of Mars RPG KS, Q Workshop metal Call of Cthulhu dice, Cthulhu Tales, NfP in 3D, Cthulhu Britannica: London - Character Sheets, The Express Diaries (free), Marty and the Two-Headed Serpent and more.

I said it was a lot.

The above shows Marty with a stereoscope. Yes, NfP goes multi-dimensional for 20 years of Yog-Sothoth...

Pick it up now on YSDC's podcast feed (or via iTunes).

q-workshop-call-of-cthulhu-dice.jpg

PoC

nfp-056-banner.jpg

News from Pnakotus, Jan 2018: Viscidious

Now on public release, with some discussion of...

Masks of Nyarlathotep for Call of Cthulhu 7th edition, Delta Green: A Night at the Opera, John Carter of Mars RPG KS, Charactable RPG Board KS, new resources and scenarios at the Miskatonic Repository, The Eldritch Film Society, Dracula Country in 3D, JOSHI WATCH, TWiL: Destruction of Lake's sub-expedition, Ramsey Campbell in Conversation and more.

Available while the podcast lasts, in all the usual places.

PoC

nfp-057-banner.jpg

News from Pnakotus, Feb 2018: Cherubic

...went out on the public podcast feed (yog-sothoth.com/podcast.xml) on Monday and will remain there until the next one. Grab it while you can. ;-)

PoC

nfp-058-banner.jpg

News from Pnakotus, Feb 2018: Snow Day

...neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night....

Another edition of News from Pnakotus - our "news & views" podcast is out on general release in all the usual places.

Morthrai

Many thanks for the mention in the latest NfP, it's much appreciated! I should point out that the previous 'zine was called Protodimension, which is a term taken from Dark Conspiracy, but wasn't actually called that. If anyone is interested, the Protodimension back issue archive can be found both at Dark Times's home website and also the old Protodimension site, now the property of esteemed games creator and all-around good egg Lester Smith  8) Keep the shows coming!

PoC

nfp-059-banner.jpg

News from Pnakotus, Mar 2018: R'lyeh Rising

Marty and I gather once again to discuss all things Lovecraft, Cthulhu and more that's been in the news, including the popular "pass-the-popcorn" entertainment of the moment: JOSHI WATCH!

Featuring Cthulhu & Lovecraftian news, show & tell, JOSHI WATCH and This Week in Lovecraft among other tenebrous things.

Originally broadcast live in 360º on Wednesday, 21st March 2018. Podcast released to Patrons on Friday, general release the following Monday.

Chapters, links and images within the podcast file are accessible via a suitable player. Recorded in Ambisonic sound and released as AAC audio.

Download it while you can from all the usual places.

hudson-brand-front-cover.jpg

JanothanSmall

This is a comment on the April NfP show.

Wise words there Paul, when you talk about Joshi Watch and privacy issues on the Internet.

I'm glad there won't be any further Joshi watch, it made me feel a bit uneasy, because I always thought "now they are sinking below their usual standards." Marty also said some good things about it on the March show.

Otherwise: please keep it up, always fun and entertaining.

PoC

Thank you. Yes, no more JOSHI WATCH (people can always check what's going on via Joshi's blog if they really want to).

Meanwhile:

nfp-061-banner.jpg

News from Pnakotus, Apr 2018: The Horror...

Marty and I gather once more in a fine set of Yorkshire tea rooms to discuss all things Mythos-y and more. This edition of NfP was recorded on Wednesday, 25th April, released to Patrons on the 27th and is now on general release (30th).

We also take the opportunity to delve into the deluxurious contents of Terreur sur l'Orient Express from Sans-Détour, a quite handsome rendition of that Call of Cthulhu classic, Horror on the Orient Express.

All aboard for News from Pnakotus!

Chapters, links and images within the podcast file are accessible via a suitable player. Recorded in Ambisonic sound and released as AAC audio.

As usual, download it while you can from all the usual places (until the next one comes out), but Patrons of Yog-Sothoth can always access the complete archives going back to 2010.

gallery_2_48_558328.jpg

PoC

nfp-062-banner.jpg

News from Pnakotus, May 2018: Fighting The Black Wind

We're joined by Chris for this edition and somehow time runs away with us (so the promised look at the German edition of Horror on the Orient Express will happen in another NfP).

We also announce changes to News from Pnakotus that should hopefully make things more efficient and entertaining in the future... I did say hopefully. :-)

The show is out in all the usual places (until the next one).

chris-lackey-news-from-pnakotus-062-may-2018.jpg

Chris enjoying the Cthulhu Breakfast Club Special of scrambled eggs and mushrooms on toast, just before the start of NfP #062.

tammywilding

Last time I was fighting the Black Wind, they blamed the Russians and called it a chemical attack. Tut tut.

PoC

We'll be delivering more News from Pnakotus tomorrow (Weds. 23rd), but following the modifications to the format discussed in the early May NfP, it won't be a live broadcast.

Look out for the recording on Friday (Patrons) and Monday (public)* as usual.

*I've just remembered it's a Bank Holiday on Monday, so it will be a straight Friday (25th May) release. ;-)

PoC

nfp-063-banner.jpg

News from Pnakotus, May 2018: 2b or not 2b?

Welcome to the late May edition of News from Pnakotus. In this podcast Marty and I discuss (among other things) the imminent release of Masks of immanent 2018, RPG pricing, celebrity gaming, and we take a look at the German edition of Horror on the Orient Express.

Pick up NfP now in all the usual places.

PoC

nfp-064-banner.jpg

News from Pnakotus, Jun 2018: A Weirdly Narnian Moment

Join @MartyJopson and me as we hold our first News from Pnakotus since our 20th birthday site upgrade. To celebrate we change venue for this edition as we record at Geek Retreat in Leeds and have a surprise guest on the show, author Adrian Tchaikovsky (The Private Life of Elder Things).

Featuring discussion about the sixth generation of Yog-Sothoth, RuneQuest Glorantha, Geek Retreat, UK Games Expo 2018 and its awards amongst other things.

We needed more sleep..

With the advent of the updated site software and the existence of the new [Activity] streams, posting announcements of new shows both here and on the Front Page seems a little redundant (since the streams usually show everything), so in the future I'll post to one place or the other to avoid double-entries in the "Unread Content" stream. 😉