jpowell

NecronomiCon Providence 2017

AdamAlexander

Wait, what...Niels played an RPG??

He did. I was at that table, too and had a great time.

Nick Storm

Ah...a few minutes in the name of Charity. I get it. Yea, I can't see Niels 'gaming'. I really can't.

Now, I almost never have the time to game at NCon. I remember the old Con allowing gaming way past midnight, I'm pretty sure. They should have the game floor open until 2am at least.

I was up there 4 different times nosing around trying to get 'the vibe' as I *am* a gamer back home -board and RPG, and I was really really surprised to see so many more RPG games versus Board Games. Last year there were 2-4 Eldritch Horror and Arkham Horror Board games going on at any given time. I did not see that this year for some reason.

AdamAlexander

He did throw down some money to summon Cthulhu on another table and seemed to enjoy it.

With respect to boardgames, there was someone with Cthulhu Wars and Badger had Feed the Shoggoth, but it was mostly RPG's. There was a table stacked with games for people to check out I guess. An open gaming space might be a good suggestion for 2019 for informal games.

Chad Out of Space

There were a few tables usually open for ad hoc games. I played a few.

AdamAlexander

That's great. I guess I was thinking more of a 24 hour spot. Was the 18th floor open all the time?

Timby1name

That's great. I guess I was thinking more of a 24 hour spot. Was the 18th floor open all the time?

No, gaming was more or less from 9:00 till 11:00ish as I recal. With LARPs being down on the Second floor. I didn't see a lot of pick up games but I was mostly playing scheduled stuff.

Nick Storm

They had enough 'pick up game' tables available anytime. Gaming was 9am to midnight I think, but yes, there needs to be an 'all night' game area. Afterall, Grandpa Theobald was up all night, so why shouldn't we.

AdamAlexander

Now, where's the Necronomicon 2019 suggestion box.

Nick Storm

Now, where's the Necronomicon 2019 suggestion box.

Don't worry, Niels is very social media / Forum / Fan page savvy. He will probably read this very thread. 

AdamAlexander

Thanks. I was mostly joking, but if he reads it here it will save me an email 😀

sasori

Adam, you can contact Jesse, the one in charge of gaming, at gaming@necronomicon-providence.com

She was actively looking for feedback, so would welcome anything you have to say!

In other news:

NecronomiCon has posted what I assume is a response to Joshi's blog post here:

https://www.facebook.com/NecronomiConProvidence/posts/1507022952690836

AdamAlexander

Thanks! I'll contact her.

Badger

Wait, what...Niels played an RPG??

He did! And i got to both drive his character insane AND kill him off. He was great!

Meh, I think that any prep in that game would have been thrown right out the window in the first few minutes! I had a blast! :D

Well, that's great to hear. I know i had a lot of fun with it; having a table filled with awesome players certainly helps!

-=b

csmithadair

Ah...a few minutes in the name of Charity. I get it. Yea, I can't see Niels 'gaming'. I really can't.

I don't know if he plays Call of Cthulhu these days, but he once was an honest-to-goodness player of roleplaying games. (I could be completely mis-remembering this, but CoC may have been his first real introduction to Lovecraft.)

Nick Storm

I don't know if he plays Call of Cthulhu these days, but he once was an honest-to-goodness player of roleplaying games. (I could be completely mis-remembering this, but CoC may have been his first real introduction to Lovecraft.)

Next time I see him, I'll see if I can get him to admit to gaming in the past. 

littleo

Yes, we used to play COC in Albuquerque when he was working on his undergrad degree, about 1996 or so.

Mike D

Nick Storm

Yes, we used to play COC in Albuquerque when he was working on his undergrad degree, about 1996 or so.

Mike D

Found supporting evidence Mike - page 184,85 of the new 'Grand Grimoire of the Cthulhu Mythos Magic!!!!