carnage_lee

Thank You, Secret Shoggoth! (SS XI)

PoC

Wow, that is an extremely generous Shoggoth indeed!

The Sears Roebuck catalogue would be too dangerous in our group's hands.

Marilyse

It's Yithmas! Time to unwrap this eldrich package!

Many thanks for the book, Blowing up the movies, looks like a nice read and might get me into FS. Never tried that system...

post-6775-0-11068900-1482713196_thumb.jpg

BrianL

My gift arrived from my Secret Shoggoth today, too. Thank you, whoever - or whatever - you might be!

I'm going to try not to open it between now and the big day, but I might have to do so. You know, for reasons...

Well, I managed to last until the big day. Thanks to my Secret Shoggoth for this lovely leather-bound journal!

41f492509e38255d4e634a5f169860c4.jpg

PoC

The mysterious contents of the world-spanning packages were finally revealed to me!

ss-11-gifts-received-wrapped-innsmouth-house.jpg

They consisted of:

Ghost Stories of an Antiquary (vol. 1). A graphic collection of short stories by M.R. James, adapted by Leah Moore and John Reppion (published by Self Made Hero).

Dark Entries. The first collection of Robert Aickman's "strange stories", originally published in 1964 with the new re-issue by Faber & Faber (Neil Gaiman is a fan).

My Secret Shoggoth obviously knows of my sweet tooth, with the inclusion of a bar of organic milk chocolate made by the master chocolatiers of Edinburgh. It must be consumed by November 2017 (challenge accepted)... ;-)

secret-shoggoth-11-poc-01.jpg

The very generous gifts were concealed within wonderful wrapping paper depicting Stanford's General Map of the World.

secret-shoggoth-11-poc-02.jpg

- and there was much admiration around the Yuletide table for the fine penmanship found within the enclosed card.

secret-shoggoth-11-poc-03.jpg

Thank you, oh Secret Shoggoth!

Aklo

Also managed to wait till the dreaded day!

And I found my Shoggoth had gifted me with a handsome new RPG system intended for use in the Iron Age; Hillfolk!

82a390bc8a90067620f5f6ea763c317c_origina

880cc970e5043a2999e227b32c81cf3e_origina

A richly illustrated and lavishly presented gem I'd not stumbled across yet, it was most appreciated! Thank You Secret Shoggie!

carnage_lee

I too managed to wait until the appointed time before unwrapping the gifts sent from my Secret Shoggoth and was richly rewarded.

Letters to Lovecraft is now at the top of my reading pile and I'm really looking forward to delving into this collection of stories inspired by quotes in HPL's writings.

The Art of the Lord of the Rings is a fantastic book detailing the sketches and maps made by Tolkein as he wrote his fantasy epic - I've only had a chance to flick through this but it does seen to go into a lot of detail and has a lot of sketches that were never published.

Thank you very much Secret Shoggoth!

post-121-0-70016800-1482914863_thumb.png

PaulFricker

Thank you Secret Shoggoth! Wanted to read 'Men, women and chainsaws' for a long time. Also for The Evil Clergyman DVD.

Breon

The Delivery from the North Atlantic, Part 2:

A fit of madness must have overcome me as I gazed at the mysterious parcel, for next I knew, the battered envelope from across the vast gulf of the sea was open and contents splayed out across my kitchen table: two eldritch tomes and a hand-written missive!

89eJZZB.jpg

The books included are: Bermuda's Favourite Haunts, by John Cox, Mac Musson, and Joan Skinner, a collection of illustrated ghost stories from the Devil's Isles; and Sleep No More by LTC Rolt, a series of supernatural tales set against the backdrop of railways and canals.

1ayF2gk.jpg?1

Inside the envelope was a greeting card wishing me a Great Shogmas, and a second mystery -- a USB key, the contents of which are too horrific to describe! But I will do so anyhow. The drive contains an assortment of music, sound effects, PDFs, and other documents, all of which have a Call of Cthulhu to some degree.

All told, it was a very cool and thoughtful gift indeed.

Thanks so much, Karloff Secret Shuggoth!

DrDarkspeed

I opened my mysterious box and found some equally mysterious dice and a stygian pencil that filled me with dread.

Thanks, Secret Shoggoth!

fluffy

Gosh, just got back. In so many ways.

I opened my Secret Shogmas present on the appointed day. It being a small gold box carved with the eye of Horus.

It released a fragrance of honey and almonds, I felt faint and sank back on the cushions.

Waking, I heard scratching and opened my eyes thinking Rufus was somehow locked out of the room.

But no, not my cat but seven pairs of small twinkly red eyes gazed at my slight movement from the darkness. I tried to rise but found myself unable to move. No chains bound me, nor ropes, but I was unable move a muscle. Only my eyes could move, seemingly so that I could experience the show.

Onward they came, and there must have been more out of my sight for the sounds were all around.

Sharply, a door opened behind me and someone shuffled in. Light coming from the opened door frightened the scratchers and they scattered.

'Hello, little one', it was a deep voice, with a gentle edge, ' You can wake up now, we are ready to begin the celebrations'.

I felt movement coming back to me, some pins and needles at first but gradually I could tell all was well and I tried to move.

'Now come with me, first you will need some food I wager'.

It seemed that I moved as in a dream, following what appeared to be a large bipedal animal with a shambling gait, a person in fancy dress perhaps. Moving into the light it turned, my eyes widened, I could not believe what I was seeing. This . . . Creature was hideous, obscene in its non normalcy, I screamed, or started to. Then I realised that my mouth wasn't there. So goggle eyed I followed it compulsively for some way until we reached a table. As I was made to sit at the table a human sized insectoid dressed in white came over with a huge syringe. I couldn't ask what it was for but I could guess.

Suddenly a gash opened in reality and a hand grabbed me before the blasphemous creatures could stop it.

Then I was in my own front room again, the box in front of me with a note.

Sorry, forgot to clean it properly, Whoops.

Happy Shogmas

Well, thank you Secret Shoggoth. Please come to see me at visiting times.

Munchezuma

I am woefully overdue in posting a thank you for my now opened package. I did manage to hold off until Christmas morning, and I believe the gift from my Secret Shoggoth was the final gift of Christmas morning. It was an absolutely lovely and rare antiquity from the vaults of BPRD. It is the Key to St Dunstan's Box, and it is wonderful gift.

Thank you, Secret Shoggoth!

ClarenceColeman

My Secret Shoggoth gift arrived a good bit ahead of the holidays. I had my wife open it and she confirmed it was tentacle-related. It was opened on Christmas morning which is also my birfday. It is a very clever book suitable for all ages and times. I've what read it along with my six year old. I love it, and thank you, Secret Shoggoth!

post-4819-0-47674400-1485283504_thumb.jpg