Sign in to follow this  
finarvyn

Why are signatures so short?

finarvyn

I'm a long-time lurker, even if I don't post that often, and I was just updating my profile. My signature was four lines long and every time I try to update it limits me to a single line, so for the longest time I just kept the old one. Today I took the plunge and revised it anyway, dropping down to a single line.

I understand the need to limit signatures so that they don't become absurd, but I like to add in a quote or something meaningful and not just a "this is me" at the bottom. Of course, having made this change I guess I can never go back to my old four-line version. :cry: 

Why are signatures limited to one line?

PoC

They're not if you're a Patron.

- and mine's not exactly long...

Shimmin Beg

I personally find signatures a bit obtrusive when I'm reading a forum, so I avoid using them myself.  The longer they are, the more distracting I find them; and of course you often see the same ones repeatedly, which can get a bit tiresome, even when the quote was interesting or funny the first dozen times... entirely personal preference, of course.  They have their uses.

Aklo

I like using them for that little touch of personal flourish, but between colors, images, and code I've seen signature forms used and abused across many a forum.