Helen

Secret Shoggoth XI

Helen

I have sent most messages - all UK and all USA. I'm afraid those of you elsewhere will just have to wait a day or so - just waiting for some last minute info.

Hope that's ok.

BrianL

Dear Secret Shoggoth,

I like surprises, although perhaps not the kind that rear up from a dank and noisome cellar.

Anything vaguely Lovecraftian/Cthulhu/ghostly-related would be lovely. No wish lists. Strangeness is good - and fun!

Cthulhu bless us, everyone!

Lammomedes

Dear SS,

I'm pretty much a completist when it comes to Cthulhu and stuff. I've got foreign versions too, so though there is no wish list, here are some helpful hints:

Homemade adventures and/or props are always good things.

Historical books about your hometown or region are useful for setting future adventures.

Cassilda's Song from Chaosium is something I haven't read.

Or just be creative: I've gotten homemade mugs, I've got most of the HPLHS cds of Cthulhu music over the last few years, though I am missing A Shoggoth on the Roof and An Abhorent and Ancient Solstice.

That should give some ideas to the curious.

PoC

Shoggoths Awaaaay! :-)

Dear SS,

I really don't mind what I receive, I enjoy taking part.

[This has been the first year however when the package I sent cost almost as much in postage as the value of the contents!]

Helen

Right, all messages have been sent. If you haven't had a message please tell me ASAP and after a little cry I will sort it out!

Happy Yithmas! Cthulhu bless us, every one.

WinstonP

Hello Secret Shoggoth!

If you aren't sure what to get me, I suggest:

Considering the cost of shipping, feel free to subtract the cost of that from the gift if that is an issue.  I'd rather not get PDFs as they end up in a folder on my laptop, forgotten and neglected.

Lammomedes

This Secret Shoggoth board is a lot quieter than in years past. Fewer helpful hints, only one person so far with a received gift. Yes I know it is the early days still, but it does seem much less "vocal" that it has been in the past.

PoC

There's still a week to go to send gifts, so people may not have yet sent and therefore not yet received.

Mysterioso

Will there be a separate thread for thanks to the various Secret Shoggoths?

Lammomedes

There's still a week to go to send gifts, so people may not have yet sent and therefore not yet received.

Paul,

Still seems quieter than last year. But who knows...you could be entirely right.

Slartibartfast

My gift has also arrived, and such wonders...

I have to confess I tore into it like an excited puppy.  Are we posting pictures of opened presents now or will we wait until Christmas Day?

It is pretty awesome and I really want to show you all now.

Helen

Feel free to start a 'Thank You Secret Shoggoth XI' thread with photos- would love to see them!

Galbraith

I can make a recommendation to those shipping in the US: if you are shipping a book, CD, DVD or other media, make sure to use the USPS Media Mail rate - it cut my costs down to around four dollars from above 10.

gloomhound

This Secret Shoggoth board is a lot quieter than in years past. Fewer helpful hints, only one person so far with a received gift. Yes I know it is the early days still, but it does seem much less "vocal" that it has been in the past.

It does seem to be quieter, not sure why that is.

carpocratian

It seems pretty early (to me) for people to already be receiving gifts, but this is my first time participating.  I know that I'm still gathering the stuff together. 

Aklo

I can make a recommendation to those shipping in the US: if you are shipping a book, CD, DVD or other media, make sure to use the USPS Media Mail rate - it cut my costs down to around four dollars from above 10.

Excellent advice Galbraith!  Its saved me a lot of trouble in the past.

Happy Solstice greetings everyone! Even though the deadline for sending my gift is Friday, I've just bundled the strange package for shipping, it DOES feel quite early for seasonal activities, maybe we've just been too busy this year.

I recommend many a carol, scary ghost stories, and decking of halls this weekend, if your not in that seasonal mood, its time to summon the spirits as it were! ;)

PoC

A quick reminder. Today is the last day for posting your Shoggoth gifts! :-)

Helen

There are 13 people I have not yet heard from. If you've sent and not told me please drop me a message!

Thanks,

Helen

carpocratian

I can't ship until Monday (day after tomorrow here in the U.S.).  The Post Office is closed tomorrow and the last item just arrived today (I was expecting it on Friday).  I have it packed and ready to go, though.

My Secret Shoggoth is here in the U.S., too, so it should only take a couple of days to arrive.

Breon

For what it's worth, I have yet to receive anything here, so if you're reading this, my dear Secret Shoggoth, your parcel has yet to arrive in snowy Toronto.

Or maybe Ithaqua got to it first. :8E:

Karloff

To my Shoggoth: did you try to send something from North Star Publishing via Fedex? 'Cos it's done gone wrong in a big way. I got a message from Fedex last night requesting more information, but I can't get through to them on the phone. I think Fedex is convinced I live in the States. Anyhoo, I could really use that Fedex waybill # if I'm going to sort this out my end.