Eudaimic

Two versions of Quick-Start Booklet?

Eudaimic

Yesterday I noticed that the Seventh Edition Quick-Start booklet I have and the copy one of my players brought were quite different! Mine is very plain with white paper, his had a slightly different, quite nice layout. The covers are the same, except mine reads "7th Edition" and his reads "Seventh Edition".  It gets weirder, because the PDF on Chaosium's site reads "Seventh Edition", but has the plain layout...

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know when this switchover happened?

yronimoswhateley

No clue - I noticed at least one silent update to the Seventh/7th edition Quick Start while making a spoiler-free version of it one day, but I never noticed any changes to the formatting.  The changes I did notice was that somewhere between the version released with the 7th Edition Kickstarter, and the most recent version, some nice illustrations were added to "The Haunting".

TheHistorian

The one that says 7th is perfect bound and was the initial POD run that Chaosium produced.

The one that says Seventh is stapled and is the current standard print.

Eudaimic

Perfect; thank you!