Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robbie

UPDATED (28/01/04): The Yog-Sothoth.com Keeper's Companion

Robbie

After months of discussion we are ready to announce that we have embarked on a suite of online Keeper tools to appear under the working title of The Yog-Sothoth.com Keeper's Companion.

Using a similar approach to the Players' Directory, this will be a stand-alone application consisting of a database of:

• BRP Characters
  • d20 Characters
  • BRP Deities, Beasts and Monsters
  • d20 Creatures

Each sub-application will be searchable by era and system (and other pertinent criterion), and is intended to be utilised by Keepers looking for ready-to-use dramatis personae for their game worlds.

It is anticipated that actual content will be provided by users wishing to share their NPCs/Players and custom creatures with the wider gaming community.

If this proves popular we may expand the Companion to include, for example, mythos tomes, artifacts, maps, plans and other handout material. But that's definitely for the future!

As it stands the database has been designed/tested and application design is underway.

ETA: Final days of 2003/dawn of 2004.

UPDATE 28/01/04: Two things have changed since we posted this news item originally.

1. The application has changed its name to Keeper's Toolkit.

2. Delivery time has slipped ... badly. What can only be described as 'Real Life' has colluded to put presure on me finishing an application for work -- before I get booted out at the end of February. I'll post an update here (again) when I have something to update. If I'm without work in March it will definately be done in March. Otherwise???

Apologies to anyone holding their breath on this one.

FunGuyfromYuggoth

This will be tremendous effort but the results should speak for themselves! Thank you!

MrFilthyIke

Neat, neat, neat... :D

GHill

When this originally came up I thought it would be a lot of unnecessary work on your behalf, but reading your plan for the layout it does sound like a cool resource and more friendly than wading through a particular thread posted for the purpose.

Cheers for the effort

Giles

Cheesy_Nacho

Always glad of supporting materials.

:)

Sacha

This should prove to be an invaluable resource for overworked, beleaguered Keepers everywhere. I particularly look forward to the NPC database.

Cheers,

Fingolfin.

Njal

Good idea. Should be very helpful.

A suggestion: how about an area for people to post their scenario ideas and adventure seeds, etc. ?

NestroEmichae

You have my attention and my support.

Robbie
A suggestion: how about an area for people to post their scenario ideas and adventure seeds, etc. ?

As it stands the four 'aspects' of the application -- renamed Keeper's Toolkit -- mentioned above will be the 'launch' features. However the intention is to add goodies to the toolkit, so further expansion, along the lines you mention, are being considered from the ground up. Kindly watch this space for future announcements! :)

Robbie

In answer to CAThompson's query: You will be able to submit characters/NPCs to the Keeper's Toolkit yourself. We wanted to make the application as 'user-driven' as possible (less work for us, more user friendly for you). ETA January!

The_Crawling_Chaos

Would said program work for Macs?

PoC

It's web-based so should be platform independent.

Paul

The_Crawling_Chaos

Woot.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.