ReydeAmarillo

It's a mystery: identifying Cthulhu material from 1990s magazines?

ReydeAmarillo

I am trying to identify some CoC related material that I bought and read back in the nineties, but can't (for the purposes of finding and buying on EBay) now recall. As follows:-

1) A (UK?) CoC magazine - quite basic production values? Had an edition entirely dedicated to Gaslight. I recall Profession descriptions for Mudlarks and Toshers etc and a scenario thread concerning alluring "White Ladies"?

2) GDW's Challenge magazine had a scenario around Atlach Nacha in a Nunnery?

3) Another Challenge edition had a scenario around Mummies (the Egyptian type not the "looking after offspring" type) murdering security guards in the British Museum.

I think that all three were published around the mid 1990's. Can anyone please provide me some finer details to assist my search?

Tony Williams

2 is "Dance of Death" in Challenge #73

3 is probably "Evil of the Centuries" in Challenge #77

ReydeAmarillo

1) Sounds like issue #3 of The Whisperer magazine. There's a copy on offer at NobleKnight games for a mere $75 (US).

Ohhhkaaayyy !

Well the good news is that is definitely what I was looking for - many thanks PoC

The bad news is, that at that price I'll just need to do without and work it out myself.

Happy Days !!!

2 is "Dance of Death" in Challenge #73

3 is probably "Evil of the Centuries" in Challenge #77

Tony many thanks - I'll get my EBay-fu working!

cynick

Every issue of Challenge magazine is available as a pdf from Drivethrurpg.

There is also an index to every issue available for free which lists every article, and what system it is for, etc.

TheHistorian

Whisperer mags come up from time to time and sell for less than I'd expect - $15-20 range.