Mysterioso

Hudson & Brand: Inquiry Agents of the Obscure

hamster

Backed! I missed out on the last Stygian Fox kickstarter, not this one!!

FreddieF

Yep, I've backed this one after backing Things We Leave Behind, which was excellent. Looking forward to this, as I'm working on a Gaslight project at the moment!

Mysterioso

At least one stretch goal has been unlocked already.

Morthrai

I was lucky enough to play in Stephanie McAlea's Gaslight game at this year's Continuum and we had a preview of some of the material in this upcoming book as part of that scenario. Looks like a great one from what I saw!  :-D

dce

I've just backed this one as well ... it's great to see that Hudson & Brand has not only already funded but is perilously close to hitting the 200% funded mark!

Stephanie did such a great job with her previous Kickstarter (which is a cracking book of modern-day scenarios) that I fully expect this one to be an excellent product too. Gaslight really hasn't had too much love in recent years -- although there are several projects "in the works" -- so it will be great to see some new material for this setting make it into readers' hands.

Dean (from Adelaide)

spookymizu

I backed it as well. She handled the previous Kickstarter so professionally, that I would support just anything by her.

Chitin

I backed it as well. She handled the previous Kickstarter so professionally, that I would support just anything by her.

She definitely did and while its still got a bit to actually be all wrapped up, she's kept us informed every step of the way, plus with the pdf, we all got to see what kind of quality her company is going to be putting out.  I too, will back just about anything she choses to do. 

numtini

Ten or a dozen pages of a scenario are a different sort of thing than a fez. Stretch goals are fine. It's the type that matters.

Nick Storm

I'm in...just on the strength of the video alone!!

Mysterioso

Maps were upgraded via a recent stretch goal and look superb.  Drove me to upgrade my pledge to a full color book.

Mysterioso

This KS is very close to unlocking another interesting stretch goal.

Mysterioso

This is still chugging along quite nicely. 5 days left.

I do wish the extra material option was a little more within reach. I upped my pledge once but can not justify doing it again even though I'm sure it will be wonderful.

PoC

It does look as if it's going to be very nicely put together.

hudson-brand-ks-mockup-hardcover.jpg

The PDF version will have more content in it than the print version.

dce

For those who are following this excellent Kickstarter might be interested to note that, as it enters its final 24 hours, Stygian Fox have added a new (and quite attainable) Stretch Goal which would see six full pages of period-authentic newspaper prop added to the back of the book, designed in part by yours truly.

If you like Gaslight-era Lovecraftian stuff, or just go crazy for high-quality Victorian newspaper props ... you may want to check out the campaign. But, as I mentioned, there's only 1 day left!

Fingers-crossed the KS hits its goal ... and that I get to design a monster batch of cool propware :)

Dean (from Adelaide)

sasori

This looks like a great stretch goal, and it's not far off! Fingers crossed.

TBH I have never run or played in a gaslight game, but this might be the supplement that changes this (I have backed). 

I also love the idea of a bunch of supplements for various organisations across the eras, this is an option I really like about the new edition of the game.

PoC

The Hudson & Brand Kickstarter closed at Â£17,761/£3,500 from 501 backers with delivery due in March and May 2017.

Badger

Hey everyone,

I'm happy to report that Hudson & Brand: Inquiry Agents of the Obscure, was given the stamp of approval by Chaoisum over the weekend, and we're now going to print! For those of you who were Kickstarter backers, you should have gotten your notifications that the .pdf versions are available for download. If you have any issues with this, please contact Stephanie via email or the KS page, and she'll take care of you.

We'll be getting the physical proofs soon, and once we look those over and approve 'em, the dead-tree versions should be shipping out in a few weeks.

Cheers! So excited to finally be able to get this book in your hands.

-=Badger

willmize

I just downloaded it, and y'all have really put together an amazing product, my Badger.

Love, love, love it, and I will hopefully be running it some in the future, either with my local gaming group, or an online collection of miscreants.

Well done to Stephanie, you and everyone else. It's wonderful.

- Bill

Badger

I just downloaded it, and y'all have really put together an amazing product, my Badger.

Love, love, love it, and I will hopefully be running it some in the future, either with my local gaming group, or an online collection of miscreants.

Well done to Stephanie, you and everyone else. It's wonderful.

- Bill

Thanks for the feedback, Bill! Glad you like it. This is the first in a series of "Safe House" books; the next one (set in the Modern era) is well underway. But before that, we have Fear's Sharp Little Needles to finish up. :D

And thanks to Paul for merging this with another thread (apparently my search-fu failed in finding this original one).

-=Badger

dce

Congrats to Stephanie & Stygian Fox ... this book looks great!

Dean (from Adelaide)

StephanieMcAlea

Thank you for the kind comments everyone! I really hope you enjoy the book. Please feel free to visit our page on Facebook, our website, or the call of Cthulhu game and players group on Facebook and tell us all of your adventures!

PoC

- or you can tell people of your adventures right here on YSDC.

StephanieMcAlea

- or you can tell people of your adventures right here on YSDC.

Very true!

rylehNC

It looks fantastic, nice job all around.