PoC

Best Gaslight Scenarios? (For Re-publishing)

jammer
On 15/07/2016 at 16:13, dce said:

A couple of years back I was involved in a book project to write some new CoC Gaslight scenarios ... in order to get an idea of what was already out there I put together a "cheat sheet" for myself which summarises the main Mythos themes, locations and plot points that have appeared in previously published scenarios. Maybe this list will be helpful to this discussion (even if only to help people recall which scenario is which).

Very useful and interesting, Dean - thanks for sharing.

It's been a while since I read Dark Designs and Sacraments of Evil, but the scenario that I remember the most, and wanted to run first (although I haven't got round to it yet) is Eyes for the Blind, in Dark Designs.

This thread has reminded me that many years ago I starting writing a Gaslight campaign called Tournament of Shadows, set in England, India and Syria. I've just dug it out of the archives, and it certainly needs considerable work.  I got heavily into the research, two items I was particularly pleased with at the time - a section called The Longarms of Empire, where I found photos off the web of all long arms used by the the British, Indians and Afghans during the period, and provided stats for them; and a map I created for the London Underground in 1893 that I built up by studying historical material to figure out what stations existed at the time - there was no map available for that period either online or in published material when I was writing it, although nowadays, there seem to be plenty.

PaulStJohnMackintosh

I'd be very interested in any such scenarios that can be played as closely as possible as Edwardian - *not* late Victorian.  That would mean from 1900 onwards. The Golden Dawn probably comes closest, but ideas welcome.

WinstonP
2 hours ago, PaulStJohnMackintosh said:

I'd be very interested in any such scenarios that can be played as closely as possible as Edwardian - *not* late Victorian.  That would mean from 1900 onwards. The Golden Dawn probably comes closest, but ideas welcome.

Theres an Edwardian Cthulhu RPG - Raiders of R’lyeh - nominally set in 1910. 

http://www.raidersofrlyeh.com/

MrHandy

Bad Company takes place in June 1900, or at least it did when I played it. Victoria is still Queen, but not for long at that point.