Kael

How to use the Spoiler tag?

Kael

I'm sorry if it's off-topic.

Who can halp me? I can't write a topic under spoiler tag...

PoC

[Updated August 2018.]

Use the eye icon in the posting bar.

Spoiler

This is an example of concealed text.

Kael

Thank You! :)

hangfire

Thank you!  (it would be nice to have a link to the bbcode guide somewhere on the Forum homepage) 

PoC

BB Code is no longer used as of June 2018.

yockenthwaite
4 hours ago, PoC said:

BB Code is no longer used as of June 2018.

Really? I thought I'd still been using it for some links etc. May have been a bit confused though ;)

PoC

Anything left may be legacy, but BB Code support was officially dropped by the programmers with the site upgrade in the summer.

Travern

Viewing the draft of a post in its code version is the one feature I miss after the site upgrade.  Is there any way of doing this under the software now powering Y-SDC?

PoC

On the whole, I think the software upgrade has made the site function better, but you gain a few things, you lose a few things.

Travern

The numerous improvements in the upgraded site certainly outweigh "code view".  That's a more than fair trade off.

EDIT: Hmn, it looks like the new software doesn't accept plain HTML in the text input.

PoC

Allowing the use of HTML in posts would be a very poor security decision.

Travern

Yes, full HTML support would be a security nightmare.  The only time I've encountered this in a web forum, the options for HTML were very limited.  Only text formatting and URL linking was allowed (not even the IMG tag was available).  That's what I had in mind.  

EDIT: It looks like manually adding basic BBCode is supported as a legacy on YSDC.

PoC

However I wouldn't rely on that still being the case in the future, as the software developers have obviously started to deprecate that function. Going forward it will be better to simply rely on the toolbar options.

As a reminder: The new way to use the spoiler function is to use the eye icon in the posting toolbar.