Blackburn

Primeval Thule Actual Play

Blackburn

Greetings all! My name is Mark and am the GM for the Quest Gaming Networks actual play podcast based in the Primeval Thule campaign setting.

1h8554.jpg

The Primeval Thule setting is a fantasy setting heavily inspire by the works of Robert E. Howard, Clark Ashton Smith and H.P. Lovecraft. It takes place in the ancient past, after the sinking of Atlantis but before the coming Ice Age buries the primeval continent forever. The world is so very, very old and humanity is so very very young.

The best way to describe our particular game is a cross of Conan the Barbarian with Pelgrane Press' Book Hounds of London. The players own a small shop tucked away in the back alleys of Quodeth, the trade capital of the continent, and hunt for ancient writings and artifacts left over from a prehuman age at the behest of their mysterious patrons.

The game uses the the Fifth edition of Dungeons and Dragons rules set with more of a focus on story than combat.

We are now a weekly podcast with new episodes every Wednesday. Here's what we've released so far, and there are many, many more on the way. We are also available on iTunes and Stitcher Radio.

Episode 1: That Escalated Quickly!

Episode 2: Snakes. Why did it have to be snakes?

Episode 3: Bad at Making Plans, Good at Eliminating Witnesses

Episode 4: Adventures in Downtime

I also have a video series of DM Diaries where I discuss what happened in a previously released session and maybe some other things about my history in gaming and GMing.

DM Diary: What is QGDnD?

DM Diary 01

DM Diary 02

DM Diary 03

If you're interested in following us on Twitter you can find our official account and my account here:

QGDnD

Mark

Thanks for taking the time to read that and, hopefully, giving us a try. Good gaming!

finarvyn

I bought a copy of Primeval Thule for 5E. The book looks nice and reads well, but I haven't had a chance to actually play in the campaign. Your podcasts sound interesting. :-)

HomoLupusDomesticus

IIRC Sixtystone Press was going to do an official CoC 7E conversion for this game.

Blackburn

Thanks! We've had a lot of fun running this. Hope you enjoy it too. And I heard about the CoC7e conversion plan. Hopefully it will go head with the 7e release because Thule is a great setting.

We've just released our 5th episode. Join us as our heroes(?) investigate an artifact called The Mouth of Dhole.

Episode 5: The Mouth of Dhole

Blackburn

Episode 7 is out! The crew heads into the Crypts of Nergal try to discover what is disturbing the dead.

Episode 7: A Bone to Pick