FreddieF

The Keepers of the Woods now available

FreddieF

Fair enough. The Hairy Hands is based on a real life legend though, the explanation for which was the issue with the road: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/HHairy_Hands The unknown cause and the multiple explanations (including the ghost story) were actually reported in the media at the time. I left it intentionally vague because it isn't supposed to be directly linked to the scenario proper (it is something of a red herring) and I didn't want investigators getting bogged down in investigating it over looking into Blackwood death.

So changing the background to it significantly will change the scenario heavily. However, if you think linking it back into the main story of the cult would work, then cool.

The maps for the adventure are based on real life maps of both Princetown and Postbridge. I like to make things as historically accurate as possible.

vincentVV

well, ok we can give our ghost another name so that not to make the connection too obvious. =)

But leaving it totally without any connections - it looks a little inorganic to me.

I think I will leave the connection to the hounds but change the name. I will tel how it would work. =)

Real-life maps and events are really great - I do it myself. The only problem is to get the players to know they are real-life so that the work was not in vain. =)

vincentVV

I strongly recommend this site to anybody who is going to run KotW.