K_Peterson

CDA - The Abbey - Vallés and Mende

K_Peterson

I've been re-reading through The Abbey monograph in anticipation on running a CDA campaign within the next few months. I definitely want to center the campaign around St. Bartholomew's Abbey, and flesh out the County of Rodez in a little more detail than the monograph provides. At least within the 15 mile radius that includes the village of Vallés and the city of Mende.

The monograph provides some rough detail of Vallés (pop. 200 + 100 surrounding shepherds; mercantile; bakery; smithy) and Mende (orig. Roman settlement; little more than a town; seat of the Diocese of the county). What I'm looking to dig up are potential maps (or rough diagrams), some occupational demographics (mainly for Mende), and, hell, some pretty pictures that might give a sense of what life is like in these locations.

I'd also like to flesh out some of the geography of that portion of the County of Rodez. Drop in a few other villages (modeled after Vallés). And otherwise bring that region to life, per se. Roads/tracks, rivers, terrain.

Any suggestions? Thanks for the input.

GBSteve

I went there about 12 years ago. It's a great place to visit, steep valleys, fast rivers and ruined castles. But you should also check the statues menhirs. I've also got a file of stuff I wrote a while back but it's not in any kind of state. But I can send it to you if you like.

K_Peterson

Sure, I'd appreciate it!

GBSteve

Turns out it's half in French too, but PM me an email address.

Google maps with terrain on shows you how hilly it is.