satakuua

News on Cthulhu by Gaslight 7th Edition?

satakuua

Hi all,

Finally got the 7th edition Keeper and Investigator books. I really like them. Tried to look for info on possible "7th edition" Cthulhu by Gaslight, but did not find anything. Is there such a thing in the making? I would really like to see it done with same production values as the latest CoC.

And again: if there is already a topic that has the answers I am looking for, please, do tell me. (You are also allowed to make fun of my mad search skillz.)

Badger

Hi Satakuua,

I did the layout and design for both Cthulhu by Gaslight and the 7th edition books. And last year, i completed the 7e revision of Gaslight. It hasn't been released yet, and nothing has been announced, but i hope that it'll come out some time this year (it would make a great companion to the 7e rules, eh wot?).

Cheers,

-=badger

MoundOfMadness

Do we have any new information about when 7th ed Gaslight may emerge?

MikeM

Gaslight 7e is in the works (looking at 2017) - in the meantime, Cthulhu Through The Ages (available in print and PDF via Chaosium webstore) includes a 7e update for Gaslight (investigator generation and social skills used on differing social classes mechanics, plus two investigator organisations and a scenario plot seed), as well as updates for other settings.

MoundOfMadness

Cheers! Thanks for the update.

satakuua

Nice! Had not seen that!

BigJackBrass

Looks like I need to pick up the current version while it's still around. Missed the Keeper's Screen, which is almost impossible to find now.

satakuua

So, Q1 or Q2? Or later?

I know I should not be pestering you, but Gaslight is my favourite setting.

zetetic

still waiting

GRWelsh

It would be nice to know what is the pipeline for 7th edition.  Is that posted anywhere?

I also really like the production values on 7th edition, and I'm curious about both new products and what classic stuff may be getting updated to 7th edition.  I've always been a fan of Sherlock Holmes and the novel DRACULA so games set in Victorian London are of interest to me.

Eusebio

It would be nice to know what is the pipeline for 7th edition.  Is that posted anywhere?

I also really like the production values on 7th edition, and I'm curious about both new products and what classic stuff may be getting updated to 7th edition.  I've always been a fan of Sherlock Holmes and the novel DRACULA so games set in Victorian London are of interest to me.

There is actually an old Gaslight mini-campaign, called The Yorkshire Horror, involving Sherlock Holmes and his family. Might always be worth your while to track that one down and update it for 7th ed. rules.

MoundOfMadness

Do we have any ideas as to where in the pipeline Gaslight currently is?  Could we be looking at a 2018 release or is it further down the list for 2019?

MikeM

Work on it will happen in 2018.

numtini

It definitely rang bells in my mind when it went on super-sale on drivethru the other day. 

MoundOfMadness

Work on it will happen in 2018.

Cool, I look forward to it with anticipation.

rsanford

Hey Mike can you tell us anything about this? Will there be much new content or is it primarily a 7e conversion only?

MikeM

The book will be updated and feature most of the old material but will also include quite a lot of new material as well.

Work on preliminary writing of some of the newer material is underway. Will feature new material on the class system, broadening from the stereotypical upper class investigator mode to also ensure criminal and lower classes are viable for play, presenting quite different types of scenarios, while also looking at combinations within an investigative group. Also trying to sqeeze in as much Victorian occult and esoterica as possible. We also have a bunch of new scenarios that'll be following up the book, as well as a full Gaslight campaign.

Still early days, but the process has begun.

rsanford

Thanks Mike. I will go ahead and buy the digital version on your website and buy the physical product when you release the 7th edition.