binderoftheunboundbook

[Unbound Publishing] unboundbook.org gets a face-lift

binderoftheunboundbook

No new content or anything, but I've updated the site with a new theme (the intriguingly named 'Lovecraft' theme by Anders Noren) as the old one was falling behind in regards to Wordpress standards.

Regards,

Marcus

WinstonP

Care to give any sort of status report on your in development projects?

PoC

A nice theme. Very easy to read.

binderoftheunboundbook

Care to give any sort of status report on your in development projects?

Howdy. Your wish is my command :P See my post here - http://www.unboundbook.org/?p=378.

Disclaimer: Nothing presented in the aforementioned post may be construed as any sort of promise or guarantee to produce any usable material in any given time frame :P

dce

Howdy. Your wish is my command :P See my post here - http://www.unboundbook.org/?p=378.

Disclaimer: Nothing presented in the aforementioned post may be construed as any sort of promise or guarantee to produce any usable material in any given time frame :P

It's a good update, and most of the projects mentioned there sound like worthy things to unleash upon the world (I figure a book with no binding keeps *nothing* from escaping).

One piece of feedback: in the posting you equivocate about whether people would want more in the style of Monophobia -- personally, I think the answer would be yes. There is a definite shortage of scenarios written for small (or one-person) groups of players; your previous efforts fill that gaping chasm a little, but it's still pretty gaping :)

I am a bit disappointed that the list of projects does NOT include "Secrets of New Zealand" ... I'd love to see someone write that.

Dean (from Adelaide)

Judgetrev

I second the motion for more of the 1 player adventures.... But seeing as how I have not run the first ones yet, I can wait a little longer! Gas light stuff would be awesome too!

deuce

Sounds intriguing. I'd be interested in the "Egypt" project.

joe adams

I'll add my support to the development of the solo adventures!

Have you considered starting a Patreon site as a means of incentivizing/enabling development of new material? I like your work and, if throwing a couple of bucks your way would help clear the way in terms of "real life priorities", I'd contribute. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Joe

Jiminy

Very much interested in Chronophobia and also the Gaslight scenarios. Please carry on!

binderoftheunboundbook

Have you considered starting a Patreon site as a means of incentivizing/enabling development of new material? I like your work and, if throwing a couple of bucks your way would help clear the way in terms of "real life priorities", I'd contribute. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Joe

Hi Joe,

Yes, I've thought a couple of times about the Patreon model. However, a) I'm never going to ever be able to focus on one single game system or setting, and I'm not sure that would work in regards to 'sponsorship' - I mean would you be willing to pay for material you might have no interest in and B) my 'failed perfectionism' already holds me back from doing a number of things, I'm sure it would be 1000% worse if I actually had to produce something to spec.

And to tops that off, I also have this philosophy of releasing everything I do for free (even the stuff I've had in paid-for products, such as my EPOCH adventures). Again, I'm not sure that patrons will be happy with that... 

Marcus

joe adams

Hi Joe,

Yes, I've thought a couple of times about the Patreon model. However, a) I'm never going to ever be able to focus on one single game system or setting, and I'm not sure that would work in regards to 'sponsorship' - I mean would you be willing to pay for material you might have no interest in and B) my 'failed perfectionism' already holds me back from doing a number of things, I'm sure it would be 1000% worse if I actually had to produce something to spec.

And to tops that off, I also have this philosophy of releasing everything I do for free (even the stuff I've had in paid-for products, such as my EPOCH adventures). Again, I'm not sure that patrons will be happy with that... 

Marcus

OK. Thanks for giving it some thought. We'll still be here when and if the muse whispers in your ear...