SJE

Limetown podcast- DG NPR investigates Majestic-12

SJE

Anyone else listening to Limetown? Its a podcast of a fictional radio documentary into the mysterious disappearence of 300 people from an isolated town in Tennessee that was messing around with secret technology:

http://www.limetownstories.com/

Basically its as close as we'll get to Radio Delta Green.

Paddurz

It's awesome, I'm totally hooked on it. No mythos content as far as I've heard yet.

hamster

Just downloaded the first one, thanks for the heads up!

trevlix

Love this one. Reminded me of a DG investigation when I listened to the first one. Highly recommended.

hamster

I've now listened to all of the released episodes.

Even if it isn't strictly 'mythos' related it's got weirdness/mad science in spades.

As the title of the thread suggests this is definitely waiting for someone to turn it into a Delta Green/modern day scenario!

christian

I absolutely love it. It's awesome

ApocryphaMac

Basically its as close as we'll get to Radio Delta Green.

I don't know - considering how popular the KS was, I wouldn't be surprised if someone started up something a bit more considered than an Actual Play.

MonkeyPrime

Started listening to it based on this thread and I'm a little hooked! So flippin' good! Thanks so much for the recommendation

christian

I've downloaded Black tapes and another podcast called Lore. Guardian says it's brilliant, we'll see. I also listenes to Serial, and Nightvale. But Limetown really is top of my list

SJE

Oh wow, that S1 finale... chilling testimony from a conspiracy contractor. And an organisation that keeps changing its letter/number combination- maybe MJ-12 next? (in my headcanon)

hamster

and it sounded like......

the arrival of an NRO Delta wetworks team at the end there.......

AdamAlexander

Thanks for the recommendation. I've just finished up with Ep. 3. They did a good job in the first two episodes in particular of giving this the feel of the NPR show This American Life. 

Rancemeister

+1 for The Black Tapes (possibly the most intense and addictive docu-drama podcast I've heard so far). ALso gotta recommend it's "spin off" "Tanis"... Very strange, weird and disturbing without relying on any cheesey horror tropes....

Mike_N

I've really enjoyed the first season of Limetown. To me it comes across like a 'PhenomX' reporter getting in over her head. 

Rev_Danno

This sounds awesome!