WinstonP

Delta Green Kickstarter launched

FreddieF

Yeah, they might have made a mistake with Hard Targets. I managed to snag one of these pledge levels (and upping it for the CO book and FoDG, because I've decided I might as well just get the physical copies, shipping be damned), which appears to have capped out at 5 before being marked as all gone.

Azimuth

Yeah, they might have made a mistake with Hard Targets. I managed to snag one of these pledge levels (and upping it for the CO book and FoDG, because I've decided I might as well just get the physical copies, shipping be damned), which appears to have capped out at 5 before being marked as all gone.

Yep, it was a mistake: https://twitter.com/DeltaGreenRPG/status/649342986354974720

Was considering going for that level, too :)

clockworkjoe

Big news for the Kickstarter! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/arcdream/delta-green-the-role-playing-game/posts/1370001

Case Officer's Handbook PDF Coming at $100K

Right this minute we're at just over $93K.

When we hit $95K, we unlock Operational History, a PDF book with a deep timeline of the world of Delta Green.

Then at $100K, we unlock the PDF edition of the Case Officer's Handbook. The Case Officer's Handbook is an expanded core book. It includes everything from the Agent’s Handbook as its first half, plus chapters on quickly building mysteries and horrifying adventures; running Delta Green campaigns; customizing the setting and the Delta Green organization itself; creating new supernatural effects, spells, psychic powers, and alien artifacts; creating new monsters and cults; and some of the key cults, rival organizations, and factions that the Game Moderator can draw into games. The GM chapters aren’t just spells and monsters that any player can read about and memorize; they’re tools for customizing your game to keep players guessing and keep them scared.

At $110K we'll unlock "ARCHINT," a new collection of new artifacts and spells created using the guidelines in the Case Officer's Handbook.

At $120K we'll unlock the full-color hardback printing of the Case Officer's Handbook.

At $130K we'll unlock the Delta Green Game Moderator's Screen, which will come with short "quickstart" rules to teach new players fast, and a short starter scenario to begin play immediately.

And we have some great things planned beyond that.

The Fall of Delta Green in PDF

Thanks to Pelgrane Press, we can now offer The Fall of Delta Green as a PDF add-on! In fact we're going to include it in the following reward tiers at no additional cost:

"Every Single PDF"
"Every Single New PDF"
"Operator With Every PDF"
"Agent's Hardback and Every PDF"
"Alphonse Lives!"
Everyone else can get a copy as an add-on reward. Just add $25 to your pledge. At the end of the project we'll ask what add-ons you want.

New Reward chart here:

rewards-v2.jpg

Taavi

I think I'll wait til they reach 120 and the interrelationship between the existing tiers and the case officer's handbook is made more clear.

FreddieF

Pelgrane has announce this morning in Page XX that Fall of Delta Green will be made open for preorder following the Kickstarter. While you might end up getting your copy after everyone else, this might be a better option for UK based fans worried about international shipping, as Pelgrane will most likely ship it out of their UK warehouse.

PoC

The Kickstarter just went over the $100,000 mark.

Beyond01

I think I'll wait til they reach 120 and the interrelationship between the existing tiers and the case officer's handbook is made more clear.

It's a bit confusing admittedly, but the FAQ at the bottom just basically says you need to add $10 for a PDF or $20 for a hardcopy extra to convert an Agents Handbook to a Case Officers book.

And the Case Officers add on is now available at $100K. It'll be full colour at $120K.

FreddieF

Case Officers Handbook is now available as an add on in PDF (which I assume will be full colour). The full colour hardcover isn't unlocked until the Kickstarter reaches 120k

GBSteve

Pelgrane has announce this morning in Page XX that Fall of Delta Green will be made open for preorder following the Kickstarter. While you might end up getting your copy after everyone else, this might be a better option for UK based fans worried about international shipping, as Pelgrane will most likely ship it out of their UK warehouse.

You might get UK shipping but Pelgrane definitely don't have a warehouse in their lair in South London (which I like to call Pelgrane Towers).

FreddieF

You might get UK shipping but Pelgrane definitely don't have a warehouse in their lair in South London (which I like to call Pelgrane Towers).

Apologies - UK distributor as opposed to warehouse!

clockworkjoe

New stretch goals announced! From https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/arcdream/delta-green-the-role-playing-game/posts/1370674

Upcoming Goals

At $105K, "DOWN IN THE DELTA": Adam Scott Glancy's story of Delta Green confronting horrors in New Orleans, told as emails to A-Cell from an unhappy agent. Available FREE to all backers.
At $110K, "ARCHINT": A new collection of new artifacts and spells created using the guidelines in the Case Officer's Handbook. ADD-ON COST: $5, PDF only. PDF included in tiers that get "All New PDFs Funded by This Project."
At $115K, "THE CHILDREN OF ATLACH-NACHA": A horrifying new threat for Delta Green.Available FREE to all backers.
At $120K, A COLOR HARDBACK PRINTING OF THE CASE OFFICER'S HANDBOOK: At this level we'll print a full-color hardback edition of the Case Officer's Handbook. ADD-ON COST: $70 for the hardback and the PDF. (If you already pledged $30 above your Reward Tier to get it in PDF, just boost your pledge another $40 to get the hardback too.) When we meet this goal you can upgrade your Agent's Handbook if you wish. See the FAQ.
At $125K, "PROTOCOLS: THE UNRIPENED FRUIT": A report on ways for Delta Green agents to deal with unwanted corpses. Available FREE to all backers.
AT $130K, GAME MODERATOR'S SCREEN WITH QUICKSTART RULES AND STARTER SCENARIO: A GM screen for your table, short "quickstart" rules to teach new players fast, and a short starter scenario to begin play immediately. Available in print and PDF, price to be announced as we get closer. PDF included in tiers that get "All New PDFs Funded by This Project."
At $135K, "MAKING HORROR SCENARIOS": Suggestions and examples for creating horror for your players in Delta Green. Available FREE to all backers.
At $140K, "ICONOCLASTS": A new scenario by Adam Scott Glancy, wherein Delta Green learns of the repercussions of ISIS zealots destroying artifacts that were better left alone. ADD-ON COST: $5, PDF only. PDF included in tiers that get "All New PDFs Funded by This Project."
At $150K, "THE STAR CHAMBER": A new scenario by Greg Stolze, wherein Delta Green agents must untangle conflicting narratives from a mission that went very wrong. Greg calls it Delta Green meets Rashomon. ADD-ON COST: $5, PDF only. PDF included in tiers that get "All New PDFs Funded by This Project."
At $160K, "IN THE COURT OF THE YELLOW KING": A short play by John Scott Tynes.Available FREE to all backers.
At $170K, "I HAVE SEEN THE YELLOW SIGN":A look the challenges of containing the King in Yellow "infection" in the Information Age. Available FREE to all backers.
At $180K: IMPOSSIBLE LANDSCAPES IN PDF: A sourcebook and full-length campaign where Delta Green agents face the influence of the King in Yellow, written by Dennis Detwiller with Daniel Harms, Robin Laws, and John Scott Tynes. ADD-ON COST: $20, PDF only. PDF included in tiers that get "All New PDFs Funded by This Project."
At $190K, "THE LAST SHOW": A short story of Delta Green and the King in Yellow. Available FREE to all backers.
At $200K, A COLOR HARDBACK PRINTING OF IMPOSSIBLE LANDSCAPES! This will be a beauty. ADD-ON COST: $50 for the hardback and the PDF. (If you already pledged $20 above your Reward Tier to get it in PDF, just boost your pledge another $30 to get the hardback too.)

JeffErwin

I'm confused. Does "Rising Threats" include the Case Officer's Handbook in pdf or is that an add-on?

clockworkjoe

I'm confused. Does "Rising Threats" include the Case Officer's Handbook in pdf or is that an add-on?

Yes it does include the CO Handbook in PDF.  Look at the section called Add-On Rewards Funded by This Project - every PDF in that section is part of Rising Threats. 

JeffErwin

Yes it does include the CO Handbook in PDF.  Look at the section called Add-On Rewards Funded by This Project - every PDF in that section is part of Rising Threats. 

Why is it an option? It seems to be identical to the $100 level, but the latter clearly includes the COM.

clockworkjoe

Why is it an option? It seems to be identical to the $100 level, but the latter clearly includes the COM.

Rising Threats was added as a reward later on in order to make it simpler for people to get all the PDFs. 

I'm not sure what option you are referring to. 

The add ons also have the print versions so backers can choose exactly what they want. 

JeffErwin

Rising Threats was added as a reward later on in order to make it simpler for people to get all the PDFs. 

I'm not sure what option you are referring to. 

The add ons also have the print versions so backers can choose exactly what they want. 

When I was perusing the backer options there is a reward "Every Single pdf" for $100 - "Rising Threats" has nearly identical language (and wasn't present before a day or two ago).

clockworkjoe

Yes, Rising Threats was added later to the Kickstarter. People at those levels can switch or use the extra money to pay for add ons. 

JeffErwin

Yes, Rising Threats was added later to the Kickstarter. People at those levels can switch or use the extra money to pay for add ons. 

Ok, I'll bite. I don't know why, but $80 seems a lot more more doable.

HomoLupusDomesticus

I've decided to skip this KS. I'm not particularly interested in any of the stretch goals or add-ons or whatever, and $50 + considerable shipping ($40?) seems rather steep for a 160 p. full-color hardcover. I think it'll be a lot cheaper for me to get it through regular retail once it's out and I decide that I do want it, so there's no real advantage for me to backing the KS instead.

Travern

Matthew Sanderson has written a handy guide to getting what you want out of the Delta Green Kickstarter, along with discussing some other Cthulhu-related KS projects that are live now.

Thank you for the link!  In addition to a helpfully succinct overview, it spells out the option I'm most interested in backing yet find the most confounding because of Arc Dream's a la carte Kickstarter menu.

The CASE OFFICER’S HANDBOOK is the confusing one.

If you want that in PDF and are not interested in the AGENT’S HANDBOOK, then you need to select either the $20 level (Agent’s PDF) or $80 (Rising Threats) and then add $10 to get the CASE OFFICER’S HANDBOOK rather than the AGENT’S HANDBOOK.

If you want the CASE OFFICER’S HANDBOOK in dead tree format, go for $50 (Agent’s Hardback) and add $20 to get the CASE OFFICER’S HANDBOOK rather than the AGENT’S HANDBOOK. Add a further $10 to convert the PDF to the CASE OFFICER’S HANDBOOK if you want to, or you’ll get the AGENT’S HANDBOOK instead.

If (like me) you want EVERYTHING, then you can add the PDFs, or dead tree copies (including PDFs) for set amounts onto your pledges. This is what will happen with the GM Screen and IMPOSSIBLE LANDSCAPES when they become available.

Yep, and that was the easy way of explaining it (without going into the various add-ons and PDF only stretch goals they are throwing at people – some free, some not).

Stretch goals continue to be the Achilles heel for Kickstarter publishing campaigns, but hopefully this one won't be hamstrung.

Hypnotoad

I'd really like to support...if only Americans could think about Europe as a market and find a way I don't have to sell my kidney to pay the shipping costs...

Sorry for the sarcasm, but with this kickstarter and Tales of The Carribbean...I'm really sad I can't support both of them.

There must be a way to delegate the print of the original file/manuscript with the original quality...almost in the UK. 

And, from the UK, ship to the rest of Europe.

I'm sure in England, Germany, Spain, France, Italy, Netherlands, Belgium, Northern Europe......there are so many potential backers...

And you're ignoring them.

PoC

The realities of international shipping these days are very harsh. Publishers don't deliberately want to ignore or make markets difficult.

If you've read the Tales of the Caribbean KS thread you'll know that suggestions and some alternative options have been made (or at least explored). There is no easy answer.

It's just an unfortunate fact that overseas postage costs simply end up being prohibitive for many, that also includes going the other way from the UK and Europe to the US.

cpt_machine

I'm going in at $80 for all the PDFs with the plan of getting the dead tree books I want when my FLGS can get their hands on it. I too as a Brit find shipping to be an issue but it's hardly anyones fault it's just the cost of doing business I guess.

I do like how all the recent updates have been stressing (or is that upselling?) that all the extra missions etc are free past a certain pledge level as I did get cold feet for a while thing i would have to pay more.

This is the bit where I kick myself for selling my Delta Green collection years ago. Time to get them in PDF too.