JudoMonk

Any space age Cthulhu games still being supported?

JudoMonk

I was real interested in a space age Cthulhu RPG that was canceled. Does anyone know its name and if a person can order at least a PDF of the game?

Also, what space age Cthulhu games are being supported by the designers...if any?

The_Tatterdemalion_King

Do you know anything about the game besides "space" and "Cthulhu"?

What do you want in terms of "support"?

nclarke

Cthulhu Rising (BRP based) was a Mythos space game that I enjoyed greatly, but I don't believe it's supported by John Ossoway any more although you can find a ton of stuff on line for it. John Snead's Eldritch Skies (Unisystem-based) is, I believe, still about although I don't know about ongoing support. John Ossoway has written River of Heaven (D101 games) but I don't know if that has anything cthulhoid going on with that game of if it's more a Traveller-style game sans Mythos.

None of those qualify for the cancelled tag though.

EternalSwordsman

First thing I thought of was The Void, which is a Lovecraftian sci-fi game (from the same publisher as CthulhuTech, in fact)

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/117563/The-Void-Core-PDF

I downloaded it a while back, but never really read or played it. I think it uses a custom system (different from the CthulhuTech system)

Mysterioso

Strange Aeons is the one that IIRC was Kickstarted unsuccessfully. IIRC the developer was Henry Lopez. All from memory so again IIRC.

JudoMonk
On 19/08/2015 at 13:46, Mysterioso said:

Strange Aeons is the one that IIRC was Kickstarted unsuccessfully. IIRC the developer was Henry Lopez. All from memory so again IIRC.

That is the one! I wonder if he could sell the PDFs?

Mysterioso

That is the one! I wonder if he could sell the PDFs?

I don't think everything was done yet. And, he'll need to get it into 7E now. 

It did look interesting.

Emrys

I don't think everything was done yet. And, he'll need to get it into 7E now. 

It did look interesting.

The funding breakdown on the KS said "Meeting this goal allows us to pay for writing, art, layout, printing, and distribution" so I'd agree that the game wasn't complete at the time the campaign was launched.  It was already being written with 7e in mind, though - "the two core books (along with a copy of the 7th Edition CoC rules) contain everything you need to play".

The last update said that he was planning to retool and relaunch the project next year (i.e. some time this year). I do hope that's still the plan.

The_Tatterdemalion_King

60K was pretty crazy goal-wise for an RPG, especially an RPG that doesn't really do a great job of distinguishing itself in the text from any of the other space-Cthulhu games mentioned in this thread.

Jonathan Wilson

I went for Strange Aeons but it was cancelled.  Eldritch Skies is nice and still has some items to be released in the next few months. 

littleo

I went for Strange Aeons but it was cancelled.  Eldritch Skies is nice and still has some items to be released in the next few months. 

What items are coming out? Don't see anything on their website. Thanks.

Mike D

Sign in to comment.

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now