ced1106

[Kickstarter] Reaper Bones III : Shub-Niggurath "miniature" for $10

ced1106

If you just want this "miniature", select the $1 pledge level and add $10. 

Also see the Stone Skull expansion for the brain in the jar!

KShttps://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniatures-bones-3-the-search-for-mr-bones/description

Shub-Niggurath annoucement (unlocks at 1.4M) : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniatures-bones-3-the-search-for-mr-bones/posts/1297490

4e7a99c8fe46650de6b61afed737fd9f_origina

Black-Seal-Editor

Looks awesome, I'm just praying they don't do any other cool $10 add-ons otherwise I'm going to bust the UK customs limit.

ced1106

I think I'm getting the "new" Shub-Niggurath from the RAFM CoC KS a few months back, and have the Cthulhu Wars Shubby!

6aa0c881ca3b28266cc5572eaf2d100a_origina

ced1106

c03a9177cbdca16e69b73916c0c89620_origina

ced1106

Note: Shub model later corrected to $15. 

Part III includes a camel with removable pack!

121e3ea8a2cd35f5db03c24b38cf45f1_origina

ced1106

Second Reaper miniatures video includes figures from the Mythos expansion!

jcfiala

I'm in, if only for the Mythos expansion.  Camel!

probably a good thing there isn't a Camel add-on. :)

ced1106

I think it's just fine if you want only one or two add-ons. :)

fwiw, The Stoneskull expansion has a Brain in a Jar, and the Graveyard expansion is being unlocked.

You can, of course, get further camels and the brain when these figures hit retail. 24 hours to go!

9cdf2aba1205e3d6101e5944a634bb84_origina

yronimoswhateley

Thread Necromancy!  In the name of all that is unholy, I command this thread to awaken!

Here's a heads-up for those of us who enjoy collecting and painting (and perhaps gaming with) Mythos and horror miniatures:

Several days ago, Reaper Miniatures launched the fourth in its series of wildly successful "Bones" plastic miniature Kickstarters,  

Disclaimer:

For those unfamiliar with the material, the "Bones" plastic is specially researched and formulated by Reaper Miniatures for making inexpensive miniatures - the material is sturdy, light-weight compared to traditional metal, holds detail just about as well as metal, takes to painting perhaps better than metal, is very easy to modify and customize ("crazy glue" is sufficient to meld two Bones plastic parts together, and the plastic is very easy to cut), and the light-weight and inexpensive plastic lends itself well to large-scale monsters. 

For those unfamiliar with Reaper's Kickstarter campaigns, Reaper's previous three Kickstarters experienced delays, but were completed and delivered successfully, and Reaper say that they have been padding their estimates for this Kickstarter based on their previous experience; I trust them, but the usual caveats regarding Kickstarters apply (you are backing an undeveloped product, Kickstarters are not the same as online shops, don't think of this as a "pre-order", count on delays and don't rely on any specific delivery date, concept art may not match final products, don't pledge money you cannot afford to lose, past performance is no guarantee of future results - you know, the usual common-sense stuff....)

Most of the miniatures are geared toward fantasy gamers, but every Reaper "Bones" Kickstarter has included at least a few great "Mythos" themed miniatures (Shoggoths, Spawn of Cthulhu, and Cthulhu itself in the first Kickstarter, Mashaaf the Great Old One and a Kraken in the second Kickstarter, Shub-Niggurath, Dagon, and a Mythos-themed expansion in the third, not to mention the assortment of cultists, undead, ghouls, monstrous vermin, and weird aberrations scattered among the fantasy miniatures or the various investigator-type characters that appear in the "Chronoscope", "Savage Worlds", and various other miniature lines....)  Reaper's plastic "Bones" Mythos miniatures are a great match for the "Cthulhu Wars" plastic miniatures and the Pathfinder Battles Mythos-themed pre-painted plastic in scale and style, and should make fine additions to anyone's collection of Mythos miniatures.

This fourth Kickstarter still has a few days left to go, but already has a great selection of very nice dark-fantasy-, pulp-, and horror-themed miniatures and "expansions" revealed in it, a handful of minis intended for an ill-fated Conan-themed miniatures game have been produced instead under this Kickstarter, Reaper seems open to reasonable requests and suggestions from backers in the comments, and I'll be surprised if we don't see at least one big Mythos-themed monster revealed before the end, especially if enough fans request some more mythos miniatures.

Some of the models revealed in this Kickstarter so far:

adef539449431e3c574cd5fd1835d53f_origina

ba57e11caf891f1609940f5ba7dfb4a6_origina

ff9b4bf85677dcf787b33ab12c0c15c8_origina

The "Core Set" is planned to include these fantastic Ghouls, Gothic horror monsters (the Egyptian priestess is especially nice!), and Serpent People....

29d471556c3827059d7c86dd8abcffe1_origina

This Dark-Fantasy "expansion pack" includes a lot of great stuff suitable for an Innsmouth-style Gothic Horror seaside town, and most of those townsfolk would make lovely investigators from Innsmouth, Dunwich, and other such remote, gloomy Lovecraft Country locales, and many of those gooey or fishy monsters would fit right in with the usual tentacly nasties in any self-respecting collection of mythos minis....

The prehistoric "forgotten world" themed "Lost Valley" expansion and the dark fantasy hollow-earth-horror "Dark Reach" expansions (not shown here) are also showing some wonderfully pulpy and horrific promise, with some prehistoric monsters on one hand and some weird, tentacly and fungal beasties on the other.

Check it out!

jcfiala

I'm into Bones 4 pretty heavily.  Lots of nifty figures.

AdamAlexander

I backed it an hour or two ago for $1 so I could do add-ons later. My stock of unpainted minis is rather large and I'd rather not add too many more to it.

yronimoswhateley

Truth, AdamAlexander - Nyarlathotep knows that I've turned into the unpainted-miniature version of a Crazy Cat Lady.  I keep telling myself I'll get the best ones all painted and the rest Ebayed away, some day, but you know how that goes....

AdamAlexander

There's just so many nice miniatures out there these days it's hard to resist.

mvincent

Nyarlathotep knows that I've turned into the unpainted-miniature version of a Crazy Cat Lady. 

I don't believe in having unpainted minis, but during the original Reaper KS I purchased four of the ginormous 'vampire' full sets. Although I had most of them done in just a few days*, to this day I still have handfuls that are not completed.

* Thanks to colored base coat+light detail+dip.

AdamAlexander

Sadly, I wound up selling the three I had since it didn't look like I would ever get to them. Regretting now that I didn't keep one.

yronimoswhateley

Speaking of Nyarlathotep:

With only a couple hours left before the end of the Kickstarter, Reaper Miniatures has added great big Nyarly as an add-on; here's the concept art:

8937341b86c877ca6d06eb88e9a5cb8c_origina