daedalum

The end is upon us...

The_Tatterdemalion_King

Some sort of armageddon, or... cataclysm... you know, something like that.

daedalum

Some sort of armageddon, or... cataclysm... you know, something like that.

You mean, like, The Big One?

groakes

World Asteroid day falls (excuse me) on June 30 - the 107th anniversary of the Tungusska Event...

Just sayin...

Stoker

'xcept if I added correctly, the delay comes to an end on monday 29th 2PM london time.

Tony Williams

I'm guessing it's to do with their Cthulhu Apocalypse line. Maybe a print collection of the 3 PDFs ?

GBSteve

I think it's more than that.

Mulciber

I think it's more than that.

Oooo, hope so!

groakes

'xcept if I added correctly, the delay comes to an end on monday 29th 2PM london time.

Hmmm... I got 2:00PM on Tuesday 30th... But my maths is notoriously dubious....

GrahamW

Looks ominous.

daedalum

I can't help but read between the lines of the latest news article http://pelgranepress.com/site/index.php/how-to-veil-out-a-former-colleague/ in light of the ticker...

"To date, no former agent has gone completely rogue ... But some wind up on the streets, muttering of impending apocalypse. ... Most of the time, the missing are quickly found, having gone off the grid in response to a brief, containable personal crisis. They are ushered into counselling programs. The team detailed to find them files an unremarkable report and goes home.

However, where the ex-colleague has succumbed to psychosis and by intent or negligence has begun to abet the schemes of the Outer Dark, agents may need to not only bring the subject into permanent custody, but also take care that any evidence of supernatural activity be thoroughly scrubbed.

Unfortunately, an agent’s operational instincts may not deteriorate as rapidly as his grasp of reality. Paranoid, resourceful, often illicitly armed, your quarry may prove difficult to corner.."

My bet is that Pelgranistas may have been exposed to too much outerdark, and gone rogue!!!

dawged

Well, I like pretty hardback books, to be sure.  Doesn't look like there's new content though?

WinstonP

So there's a countdown saying the world ended X minutes ago and the link above [was dead] is now working.

Cthulhu_Apocalypse_Cover_350.png

On November 2nd, 1936, the world died. Humanity perished, women and men died in their millions. Finally, the stars had come right, and the things that had lurked under the seas for eons rose to claim their rightful place. Now, they rule the earth, stalking it like titans. Yet you survived this destruction. Some miracle or design left you alive to watch the destruction of everything humanity built. You are doomed to wander the devastated ruins, discovering what little you can. What went wrong? Are there others like you? How can you stay alive? Can you fight back? And, most importantly of all, is there a way to put this right?

leonardolad

So... it is a compilation of the 3 PDFs as a hardback? Well...

dawged

Simon's black magic with coupon codes worked again.  Purchased.  And yes, other than a new introduction from Gareth it seems to be the three PDFs aggregated together beginning with the Apocalypse Machine and followed by the two sequential adventures.

CsabTheHun

Simon's black magic with coupon codes worked again.  Purchased.  And yes, other than a new introduction from Gareth it seems to be the three PDFs aggregated together beginning with the Apocalypse Machine and followed by the two sequential adventures.

There are supposedly some new encounters and adventure seeds as well - maybe some of Graham's original ideas for the campaign finale set in the blasted wastes of the US made it into the book?

dawged

Ahhh. There appear to be... 3? new seeds, but they're integrated in with the ones that came after Slaves of the Mother.   Awesome.

OlderNick

Only three new seeds? Odd, I would have guessed at more.

According to the page count, the print version appears to be 17 or so pages longer than the three pdf:s combined...

dawged

That seems right - the three appear to be 14 pages in total, and are structured in the same fashion as the others at the end of Slaves of the Mother.  Now that I reread it, Gareth Hanrahan's intro closes by mentioning "the shorter adventures and essays added to this compilation edition."

Minor spoilers......

Their names are Resonance, Thicker Than Water and Pioneers.  All three take place in the United States.

daedalum

Oh, nice, I really like this series...bought. With the help of Pelgrane's policy of discounting if you already own the individual pdfs.

daedalum

Interesting, :) the new book is Copyright 2015 Pelgrane Press Ltd. and Graham Walmsley. And the title Cthulhu Apocalypse is trademarked, Perhaps there are plans to produce Cthulhu Apocalypse as its own line....coolness

Azimuth

Well, I couldn't resist - definitely helped by the discount coupon earned through previous purchases. An amazingly powerful setting, and some fascinating scenario ideas worthy of a TV miniseries or two :)

Eudaimic

In terms of new, there's also this:

• Eight all-new scenarios that give your players the choice as to whether—and how—humanity survives in this strange new world.

NeferSutekh

Interesting, :) the new book is Copyright 2015 Pelgrane Press Ltd. and Graham Walmsley. And the title Cthulhu Apocalypse is trademarked, Perhaps there are plans to produce Cthulhu Apocalypse as its own line....coolness

To compete directly with possible future plans at Chaosium, apparently.

Sandy – well I keep threatening to do a Cthulhu Wars / CoC campaign – basically an “after the holocaust†series of adventures. I think that a LOT could be done in such a universe.