Rev_Danno

People's Guide to the Cthulhu Mythos - Podcast

Rev_Danno

Check out my new website, I've come a long way since recording images of the HPLFF for YSDC.

​I've my own Lovecraftian podcast now, and it has gotten much better than it was a year ago. Less rambly, more focus, much more editing and slightly better equipment. I talk about the mythos (roughly)chronologically speaking, and I also talk about books I am reading or used for research material for the episode.
PGttCM.com follows the literary timeline of the Cthulhu Mythos from the big bang, to the cooling of our sun.

Let me know what you think, suggest some books and if you are an academic focused on the mythos or horror I want to hear from you. If you listen and Like it please subscribe on iTunes and give it a few stars, it helps the show.

This is what series 3 looks like so far...
Series 3 (March 2016-August 2016)

300: Recap 
301: Ubbo-Sathla
301s: Clark Ashton Smith

302: Yithians
302s: Lovecraft on Ice(cream and other things)
303: Cthulhu Vs Walter Benjamin

Rev_Danno

303s: Weird Tales 101

We finish up Out of the Aeons, talk about Age of Lovecraft and talk about the basic facts about Weird Tales.

Rev_Danno

304: The Shoggoths are Revolting!

Shoggoths, Charles Burns comic books and Lovecraftian sonnets. 

Rev_Danno

Episode 304s: Notes on Writing Weird Fiction

Lovecraft's advice about weird fiction writing, Dan Clowes comics  and Lovecraftian sonnets. 

Rev_Danno

305: Atlach-Nacha & the Spiders

We talk about  Atlach-Nacha, Charles Burns & Fritz Lang.

Rev_Danno

Episode 306: Yig, Snakes & Serpent Men

We will be talking about Yig, his children, his curse and a ruthless terrorist based off of William F. Buckley. Check out audibletrial.com/pgttcm and support the show.

Rev_Danno

307: The Voormis & Stranger Things
307s: Lin Carter

Episode 50: Rhan-Tegoth

This is our 50th episode. The Cry of Cthulhu, Lurker at the Threshold, The Horror at the Museum and RHAN-TEGOTH. Check out Byron Craft's scary book 'The Cry of Cthulhu' at http://www.byroncraftbooks.com/

Thank you all for listening for many of the last 50 episodes.

Also why do many lovecraftian Great Old Ones sound like they could be a novelty song from the 1960's. [That that is from the song about a one eyed, one horn, flying, purple people eater] sounds like a GOO. RHAN-TEGOTH is a three eyed, six clawed, acid drippin', people eater. Honestly, most GOO are people eaters.

Rev_Danno

Episode 51: The Audient Void & Repo Man

Episode 51 is about a small press horror journal, a punk film from the 1980s and the second half of the Tale of Rhan-Tegoth.

Rev_Danno

Episode 52: Ithaqua & Algernon Blackwood

NSFW...

I say fish f***er at least twice & I talk about the interesting cthulhu mythos erotica Justine Geoffrey wrote. 

SFW 

I talk about the Wind Walker aka Ithaqua, and the Wendigo. We also talk about the influence of Ithaqua and other aspects of weird fiction, Algernon Blackwood.

Next week I was going to read some Algernon Blackwood for but instead I will be reading several short stories or long poems by Ambrose Bierce.

Ask a question or just say hello pgttcm.com/contact 

Rev_Danno

Ambrose Bierce Readings

This week... some rustling in the herbage, a shepherd who can't hold on to happiness and a lost city. I read a few relevant stories for the podcast this week, next week will be about Bierce himself. Check out the  network of podcasts I'm now part of at darkmyths.org and also check out Eastern Boarder, a podcast about what it was really like behind the Iron Curtain.

Rev_Danno

Episode 53: Hastur & Ambrose Bierce
This episode we talk about Hastur, Ambrose Bierce & Don Swaim's book about Ambrose Bierce.
Music by Kevin MacLeod and DB Spitzer.
Sponsored by Founditemclothing.com & BunnySlippers.com

Check us out at PGttCM.com

#Hastur #Horror #AmbroseBierce #Books #BookReview #CthulhuMythos

Rev_Danno

Nodens & Lovecraft Country

In this Episode we talk about the Elder God Nodens, Lovecraft Country by Matt Ruff and an the fictional area created by HP Lovecraft. This episode is brought to you by FoundItemClothing.com& BunnySlippers.com Edited and produced by DB Spitzer Music by Kevin MacLeod & DB Spitzer PGttCM is on Twitter, Tumbler, Facebook and Instagram, not to mention www.PGttCM.com &www.PGttCM.podbean.com PGttCM is a member of the Dark Myths Collective. www.DarkMyths.org

Creative commons licence, I don't care what you do w/ my podcast just as long as the people who do the work get the credit.

http://pgttcm.podbean.com/e/episode-54-nodens-lovecraft-country/ <---Not active until 9/10/16 12:00 AM PST

Rev_Danno

WHAT THE MOON BRINGS

http://pgttcm.podbean.com/e/reading-4-what-the-moon-brings

The moon brings worms?

I read HPLs "what the moon brings".
brought to you by founditemclothing.com & bunnyslippers.com
Music by Kevin MacLeod
Edited and produced by DB Spitzer

Rev_Danno

Episode 56: Sarkomand & Strange Aeons
http://pgttcm.podbean.com/e/episode-56-sarkomand-strange-aeons

We talk about Sarkomand, Nightgaunts, Moon-Beasts & Strange Aeons magazine.

Remember I'll be at the HP Lovecraft Film Festival* in Portland, Oregon on 10/8-9/16.
Free high fives.

*not in any official capacity.