PoC

The Cthulhu Breakfast Club

PoC

It's the September 2015 edition of The Cthulhu Breakfast Club - featuring MythoVision!!!!

In this meeting we talk about a couple of Kickstarters and reasons why Chris's own may have failed (with possible solutions), why our audio may still be a challenge, experiences of NecronomiCon 2015, Marty's new book, a look at Chaosium's Doors to Darkness supplement and how to tell a Keeper they may need to up their game.

Plus various other topics and tangents that mean we fill another 90 minutes of busy air - and if you're a show supporter ("Breakfast Clubber") see the CBC Hosts in an entirely new dimension.

Here's one of Marty's videos for his publication, The Science of Everyday Life. See if you can spot the Cthulhu Easter Egg...

PoC

If you're a Patreon supporter of The Cthulhu Breakfast Club you may have already received one of these messages about a security breach in Patreon's system. If you haven't received it, here it is in full:

Yesterday we learned that there was unauthorised access to a Patreon database containing user information. Our engineering team has since blocked this access and taken immediate measures to prevent future breaches. We apologise to you for this breach of trust. The Patreon team is working especially hard right now to ensure the safety of the community.

There was unauthorised access to registered names, email addresses, posts, and some shipping addresses. Additionally, some billing addresses that were added prior to 2014 were also accessed. We do not store full credit card numbers on our servers and no credit card numbers were compromised. Although accessed, all social security numbers and tax form information remain safely encrypted, and all passwords securely hashed. No specific action is required of you, but as a precaution we recommend that all users update their passwords on Patreon.

For further details, we encourage you to read this update from our CEO and reach out to us with any additional questions at: security@patreon.com.

Sincerely, 
The Patreon Team

Certainly a better response than some companies I can recall.

Do get in touch with Patreon (at the address given) if you're concerned.

PoC

We'll be holding the October meeting of The Cthulhu Breakfast Club later this month.

In the forthcoming Hallowe'en edition we'll be giving away a couple of Cthulhu-themed "All Rolled Up"s (Tabletop Game Roll and Dice Bag accessory), along with a couple of very nifty dice trays, all courtesy of the fine folks at All Rolled Up.

All Rolled Up

If you thought the "MythoVision" clips from the last meeting were funky, wait until you see what we've got planned for this one!

PoC

We're gauging interest in doing a very limited (pre-order only) run for some CBC-themed "All Rolled Ups" (price £20 + shipping).

If you're interested do say so here (or send me a Private Message) by the end of month.

Paddurz

Oh! Interested!!!

Azimuth

I voted on the other forum but, yes, I'm definitely interested :)

AdamAlexander

I'm interested

jlynn

Very interested.

carnage_lee

I voted yes, so count me in too.

PoC

As the mists rolled in around Pickles Tea Room we held the October 2015 meeting of The Cthulhu Breakfast Club which will be out in all the usual places this week.

We've also got another round of giveaways (as promised up-thread), which are a couple of "All Rolled Ups".

Cybermudgeon

Definitely interested in one of these.

Galbraith

I'd definitely be interested. Count me in!

Pookie

Similiarly, I would be interested too.

jlynn

Likewise, by all means, please count me in!  ;-)

AdamAlexander

I am still interested.

PoC

Welcome to the October 2015 meeting of The Cthulhu Breakfast Club!

This meeting includes (among other things) talk of:

A tectonic shift in Chaosium's logistics, some very popular Kickstarters (Delta Green: RPG and Cthulhu Wars: Onslaught Two), Chris's report on his Chicago event and how we celebrate Hallowe'en.

Plus one of two chances to win an All Rolled Up gaming accessory.

The recording is available in all the usual places. "Breakfast Clubbers" (show supporters) can also watch extended video clips from the meeting as well, in the dedicated CBC forum.

We currently have 12/20 on the "interest-o-meter" for CBC ARUs. Canvassing for these closes on Hallowe'en!

Lisa

While interested, I think the postage to the USA would be prohibitive.

JeffOkamoto

Count me interested.

PoC
On 28/10/2015 at 17:50, Lisa said:

While interested, I think the postage to the USA would be prohibitive.

In which case, all the better to enter this month's CBC giveaway!

GBSteve

Events! Yes! Not on my wedding anniversay!

Samhain is pronounced sah.-wain

MikeM

Samhain is pronounced sah.-wain

Or, sow-en, or sow-an.

Depending on your locality.

PoC

A quick additional detail, the ARUs we were talking about in the video clip are c. £25 each, but other ARUs on the All Rolled Up web site start at £18 (and head up to £40 if you want Harris Tweed versions).

FreddieF

I own two ARUs, a premium one and a tiny. Both are fantastic products, as is the fold down dice tray. Well worth the money!

PoC

I picked up mine at UK Games Expo this year and thought they would make excellent giveaways for CBC.

BTW, the deadline for entries is the end of Friday, 13th November. :-)

FreddieF

Also, colour me interested for a CBC allrolledup.