PoC

What are you eating/drinking right now?

WinstonP

Cafe du Monde coffee and chickory, with cream and sugar.  Should probably eat something solid too.

Chitin

Nestle Strawberry Nesquik and a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. I'd like to blame the fact that that I'm getting over a bout of pneumonia, but no...that kinda "meal" is normal for me.

deuce

In memory of HPL's death 79yrs ago, this evening I dined on spaghetti with lots of Parmesan and finished off with Braum's Cappucino Chunky Chocolate.

PoC

Homemade sourdough pizza (first attempt).

image.jpeg

Robin

Weetabix, after my 9pm cut-off point for eating, so being a bit naughty really.

Regards,

Robin

yockenthwaite

Moet et Chandon champagne, a half bottle, to celebrate my losing another 5kg of weight. Started a diet on 17th April 2015, almost exactly a year ago, and have since lost 21kg = nearly 3.5 stones. More still to be lost, but finally shifting the weight I'd gained from high dose steroids I have to take daily to keep me alive. And every 5kg drop I get to open another champagne bottle :-P

Fallingtower
On 15/04/2016 at 21:42, yockenthwaite said:

Moet et Chandon champagne, a half bottle, to celebrate my losing another 5kg of weight. Started a diet on 17th April 2015, almost exactly a year ago, and have since lost 21kg = nearly 3.5 stones. More still to be lost, but finally shifting the weight I'd gained from high dose steroids I have to take daily to keep me alive. And every 5kg drop I get to open another champagne bottle :-P

Great to hear...I'm on a diet myself. Got blood sugars stabilized and have been overall pretty good diet wise.

I allowed myself a kind of cheat the other day, had some really good Indian food...pure vegetarian.

yockenthwaite

Great to hear...I'm on a diet myself. Got blood sugars stabilized and have been overall pretty good diet wise.

I allowed myself a kind of cheat the other day, had some really good Indian food...pure vegetarian.

Oh we have treats all the time! Pizza and Chinese takeaways every weekend, with cider. And meals out regularly. And nice sweets at times. Ours is not a very tough diet ;) My husband is also losing weight. Indeed it was his example - he's been losing middle age tummy spread for 2 years now - that prompted me to give it a go, following a similar regime.

Glad to hear that your blood sugars have improved. Mine were starting to creep up, and I have a family history of diabetes. It may also have been affecting my eyesight, because at my latest eye test, since a year of massive weight loss, my vision had improved dramatically in both eyes. And blood sugar can affect eyes like that.

Best of luck with your diet :-D

Fallingtower
On 15/04/2016 at 22:26, yockenthwaite said:

Oh we have treats all the time! Pizza and Chinese takeaways every weekend, with cider. And meals out regularly. And nice sweets at times. Ours is not a very tough diet ;) My husband is also losing weight. Indeed it was his example - he's been losing middle age tummy spread for 2 years now - that prompted me to give it a go, following a similar regime.

Glad to hear that your blood sugars have improved. Mine were starting to creep up, and I have a family history of diabetes. It may also have been affecting my eyesight, because at my latest eye test, since a year of massive weight loss, my vision had improved dramatically in both eyes. And blood sugar can affect eyes like that.

Best of luck with your diet :-D

Maybe should try to emulate HPL's diet...coffee, beans and ice cream.

Of course he did die of intestinal cancer.

We all must strive to be less shoggothy. Good luck to ye as well.

GBSteve

Looks very nice. Do you have a starter?

This evening I had BBQ Short Ribs of Beef at the Flying Pig. Very tasty.

PoC

Looks very nice. Do you have a starter?

Yes, I made one earlier. Amazingly it works.

Pet Shoggoth

GBSteve

It has shades of the shoggoth about it.

fluffy

Quark and marmite toasties, and coffee

AdamAlexander

Blueberry pancakes

yockenthwaite

Trying a Dundonian food speciality: pea buster = chips, peas and vinegar. With added jumbo sausage. #stilllosingweight

bcb7c7afd9d723184eb33b429c618b2c.jpg

deuce

Trying a Dundonian food speciality: pea buster = chips, peas and vinegar. With added jumbo sausage. #stilllosingweight

bcb7c7afd9d723184eb33b429c618b2c.jpg

Never heard of that (I've visited Scotalnd twice, but never Dundee). I like the ingredients. May have to look up a recipe. :D

yockenthwaite
On 24/04/2016 at 23:03, deuce said:

Never heard of that (I've visited Scotalnd twice, but never Dundee). I like the ingredients. May have to look up a recipe. :D

Not sure you'll find a recipe, but googling for the name ought to turn up a bit. Dundee was the starting place for takeaway chips in Scotland, and this was one of the earliest dishes sold in the nineteenth century. There used to be pea buster stalls in the city's Greenmarket area, and later Overgate. I was quite pleased when I found my local chippie (in eastern Dundee) sold it!

WinstonP

Homemade eggplant Parmesan.

balhaza

My own recipe for a Japanese curry risotto with chicken and mushrooms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PoC

Now that's a Scotch egg!

yockenthwaite
On 22/05/2017 at 22:49, PoC said:

Now that's a Scotch egg!

Yes very! We're not sure where it's from originally, but the shop usually sells Scotch eggs from the Handmade Scotch Egg Company. I couldn't see this one in their online sales, but maybe it's seasonal. Or from elsewhere. Anyway I recommend the jumbo Handmade ones. But this venison one, wherever it's from, was great too. Also amazingly good inside, with a soft egg still, even after heating in the oven.

yockenthwaite

It's my birthday later this week, so we've done the usual thing of ordering in a box of sweet treats from Bettys in Yorkshire. Currently working our way over several nights through their chocolate sachertorte (see picture for my serving tonight). The recipe is online and the item buyable by mail order from Bettys.

post-3414-0-90787500-1504730164_thumb.jpg

PoC

Currently working our way over several nights through their chocolate sachertorte...

Bettys Grand Cru Chocolate Sachertorte is probably the most intensely chocolate chocolate cake I've ever tried.

Dabbler

Soup for lunch, cheese and crackers for tea.

I am drinking -- and drink invariably, save for half a glass of sherry in the evening when I can afford it -- Thea sinensis (Linn.), latterly known as Camellia sinensis (Sweet) sub-species assamica  which in ordinary terms is the good old cup of tea (very strong with milk, sugar an anathema).

On the subject of Betty's in York, a city I have only visited, it is renowned, but I personally prefer the Earl Grey tearooms in the Shambles, which serves excellent curd tarts and has a charming collection of mock-Greek figural plates in one of the corners.

Sign in to comment.

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now