PoC

What are you eating/drinking right now?

GBSteve

I've got a cuppa. I've been at a conference for the last two days and this is the first good cuppa I've had at my desk since Tuesday. When it has done it's magic and revitalised me, I'm going home.

WinstonP

With the announced shuttering of Teavana in the US I cleared our the local shop's stock of pu-er tea and have been having a cup every morning.

AdamAlexander

With the announced shuttering of Teavana in the US I cleared our the local shop's stock of pu-er tea and have been having a cup every morning.

Thanks Starbucks

PoC

Friday night is "Pizza Night".

Homemade sourdough pizza.

Dabbler

Sausages, bacon and eggs -- a ''fry-up''! 

PoC

Must remember to get some more La Mortuacienne.

la-mortuacienne-lemonade-mandarine.jpg

PoC

While prepping for a game tomorrow, some Elegant Rarebit, courtesy of Fortnum & Mason (picked up while attending Dragonmeet).

b03afd64ddcc1f4d4753e0070b9d4367.jpg

GBSteve

That looks very nice. I'm on the tea at the moment but tonight I've got  jar of Bigos. You'll be pleased to know that it doesn't contain any mechanically separated meat but it does have slightly strange instructions:

Consumption method: contents of the package put into the pot, heat it, stirring occasionally. Serve hot with bread, potatoes or other additives.

But hey, my Polish isn't up to much even I do have a copy of Horror W Orient Ekspresie.

yockenthwaite

Tonight's supper for me is a hefty portion of taleggio cheese, spread on slices of baguette bread. It's the first soft-ish cheese I've tried, and is very delicious and creamy. And very very nice on crusty bread.

JeffErwin

Homemade chicken and vegetable vindaloo and some lager.

PoC

After last night's first session of nameless, Helen and I went to Bettys in Ilkley for brunch. I had the Christmas rösti (with free-range chicken breast, smoked streaky bacon, caramelised red onions and cranberry sauce).

d7527a76198d2a0a97df0e758f75a6b1.jpg

Very nice (and filling).

GBSteve

Ribeye with a sherry glaze, pommes dauphinoises, chorizo crisps and a green salad. And tea.

yockenthwaite

Finishing off a tub of Cornish clotted cream ice cream, to make room for Christmas food in the freezer. Well that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it ;)

yockenthwaite

Tonight's dinner = haggis & pork Scotch egg and cheese & chilli bread. Both from Mellis cheese shop in St Andrews.

post-3414-0-87383400-1525886926_thumb.jpg

post-3414-0-86327200-1525886972_thumb.jpg

post-3414-0-87383400-1525886926_thumb.jpg

post-3414-0-86327200-1525886972_thumb.jpg

yockenthwaite

Apparently it's #NationalChocolateIceCreamDay (somewhere anyway) so I've started on the tub of Cornish clotted cream chocolate ice cream. It's phenomenally rich chocolate flavour.

IMG_0559.thumb.JPG.b7f1fa4a577ab854980a0f168b3ce0c7.JPG

fluffy

Mmm, chocolate and clotted cream

GBSteve

We had scones with clotted cream and jam yesterday, but I'm on the wine gums now.

yockenthwaite

Bit late for Wimbledon, but better late than never. Scottish (Angus) strawberries, extra thick Scottish cream, Pimms and tea. Yum. A decadent supper.

IMG_0805.JPG

Maccabeus

Breakfast! The Lorn sausage is the most recent iteration of my ongoing attempts at different recipe variations. The lamb & beef sausages came from the butcher. He hadn't yet made up a batch of bangers, but these sounded intriguing.

20180718_082329.jpg

yockenthwaite

Ah the Lorne sausage! I'm Scottish but it's not something I've ever really liked, despite it being a Scottish speciality. I prefer a traditional link sausage, preferably pork. I'm semi vegetarian now, eating vegetarian food half the time or more. But I still like a cooked breakfast, albeit preferably now vegetarian. Looks good anyway. :)