What are you eating/drinking right now?

AdamAlexander

Some potato soup I made this afternoon.

Judgetrev

Pop corn and chamomile tea. Sigh.

WinstonP

Raviol with pesto, ice water

AdamAlexander

Vegetable soup that I made this afternoon.

yockenthwaite

Just back from weekend supermarket shop. Had a nice lunch in cafe there - cheese omelette with side salad. But I think what I had afterwards, at the Angus Gateway on the edge of Dundee, is even better. Luxury hot chocolate. Massive.

post-3414-145304811199_thumb.jpg

Syrinx

Risotto a'Champagne with a glass of said drink to complement the dish. Pork Chops at the side. 

I've been away for a while. Hi guys!

yockenthwaite

Ok as an addendum to earlier I've just tried the Ice Cider which we have in house. It's from the Somerset Cider Brandy Company, though they're out of stock of it at the moment. We bought ours a few months ago, with lots more cider products. As the makers say:

Ice Cider is made by freezing the apple juice and removing the ice. The remaining naturally concentrated juice is then fermented into Ice Cider. It has a unique flavour that combines bitter-sweet and sharp qualities found in a traditional vintage cider apple.

Described by a friend as "cider on steroids". It is a wonderful product.

It is very good and I recommend it to any lovers of cider/apple products. It's very alcoholic, but doesn't taste whisky-like like a cider brandy. Rather it's like very strong tasty apple juice, that happens to be alcoholic too. A hit with Scottish me and my Somerset husband.

Picture of the bottle attached.

post-3414-0-82345500-1453072420_thumb.jpg

Fallingtower

I'm about to make a chick pea, cauliflower, potato and assorted veggie curry with brown rice.

Eating low fat vegetarian...

Drinking probably a Coke Zero or perhaps iced black tea with ginger and lemon.

yockenthwaite

Just back from Afternoon Tea at the Rufflets Hotel outside St Andrews. Was convenient to arrange that for 5pm, on our way home from an afternoon in the town.

Took this photo about 2/3 through our afternoon tea at Rufflets. So 8 sandwiches, 2 mini sausage rolls and quite a lot of cakes had already been scoffed!

We will probably be a bit hungry again come 10pm - I never find Afternoon Tea quite enough to keep me full all night - so may share a lamb kofte kebab :)

post-3414-0-10450400-1453576639_thumb.jpg

yockenthwaite

It's Burns Night tomorrow, and lots of Scots will be eating haggis to celebrate our national poet Robert Burns. We're having ours early tonight. Haggis, neeps and tatties. Husband is putting salad cream on his. Mmm.

c75c8432c65b569c5bf115d585538e9f.jpg

yockenthwaite

Tried a Yorkshire delicacy for the first time tonight: Fat Rascals from Bettys in Yorkshire. First point to note is they are much bigger than normal scones. In the photo there's an iPod touch (similar in size to an iPhone) for scale. Secondly they take a lot of eating! As Bettys suggest we heated our first two in the oven for 10-15 minutes, then ate the scones hot with butter. Taste-wise they are a rather curious mix of a rock cake and a hot cross bun, with a very spongy inner. Nice anyway. We have two more to eat. Drink tonight was Bettys Tea Room Blend.

post-3414-145470865953_thumb.jpg

PoC

Ahhh, Fat Rascals!

I plan on making my own variant this weekend... "Fat Shoggoths".

WinstonP

Thai basil fried rice

Fallingtower

Me...tonight...

Drinking....J&B Scotch.

Good enough for black gloved serial killers in Giallo movies and RJ McReady in John Carpenter's THE THING.
What's more cool than a J&B fueled, sombrero wearing, flamethrower toting, alien menace fighting, world saving, badass, helicopter pilot?? 

j._b..jpg

GBSteve

Tonight we mostly ate risotto (1 onion and 4 slices of bacon (fried), finely slide red pepper, carnaroli rice, ham stock, garlic, pepper, fenugreek, smoked paprika, cheddar cheese).

Insanity

Some Lapsang souchong tea while reading.

rylehNC

Made some Brunswick stew, but elected to go with pulled pork and chicken in lieu of squirrel meat.

PoC

Those promised "Fat Shoggoths" from the weekend.

Fat Shoggoths

(Still some left!)

Helen

Chocolate centre pancakes with caramelised banana and maple syrup for Pancake Day. Yum! (Even if I say so myself.)

post-323-0-80419100-1455053646_thumb.jpeg

GBSteve

Looks great! Maple syrup seems to be catching on in the UK. We had it with lime juice on ours.

deuce

Chocolate centre pancakes with caramelised banana and maple syrup for Pancake Day. Yum! (Even if I say so myself)

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Thanks, Helen!  I totally forgot it was Shrove Tuesday (hence Pancake Day).

yockenthwaite

Just back from flying lunch (30 minutes in and out) in our local very good Italian cafe, Visocchi's in Broughty Ferry. Both decided to treat ourselves at lunchtime today, and have nice proper pizzas. That will be our one proper meal of the day, because we're both on diets. But it was worth it. Very tasty food, prepared extremely quickly, and efficient and friendly service. Also cute little milk churn containers for the milk we had with our tea (just visible in the photo).

post-3414-0-79976600-1456323055_thumb.jpg

Insanity

Hard cider (homebrewed honeycrisp), bratwurst cooked in same cider with some pan fried potatoes and onions.

carpocratian

Macaroni and cheese.  Breakfast of champions and picky toddlers.