PoC

What are you eating/drinking right now?

PoC

A thread topic I've liberally borrowed from elsewhere but thought it might be fun!

What are you eating/drinking right now (or have recently/plan to today)?

I've just finished off a wheel of Morrisons Camembert (strength 2) with a dash of Highgrove Spiced Fruit Chutney. All plonked on top of some wheat wafers (also from Morrisons) and accompanied by a few glasses of Yorkshire water.

morrisons-camembert.jpg ighgrove-organic-spiced-fruit-chutney.jpg

How about you?

WinstonP

A burrito with textured vegetable protein, shredded cheese, and salsa. 

yockenthwaite

Had two mugs of Twinings English Breakfast Tea earlier, along with an Easter Bunny Chocolate Cupcake from Sainsburys. Going to have dinner in half an hour, which will be duck with plum sauce and fried rice, and lots of prawn crackers. Yum :)

Resurrectionist

I'm trying to supercharge my breakfast by simultaneously drinking Earl Grey tea and Orange Juice. Mixed results. 

GBSteve

I made some sausage and bean stew which I ate with an olive cibatta roll.

Yesterday was a bit more impressive:

Rolled rabbit terrine with home cured pork belly, fresh yoghurt, turnip and almonds

Slow cooked shank of Herdwick lamb with grated swede, garlic spinach, pearl barley and white carrot

Mrs. Gooderson’s rhubarb and sherry trifle

I also had a nice glass of Montbazillac pudding wine.

Graeme_P

I have a lasagna cooking while I sit here and watch the snow pile up outside. I'll probably get the fire going and enjoy a nice glass of Talisker Dark Storm after that. With some nice dark chocolate.

cjearkham

Lunch was hot (spicy) Italian sausages with peppers and onions, on an onion roll.  Now I'm drinking diet Coke and waiting for the snow to stop, so I can clear the driveway. Dinner will be ham steak, asparagus, and ratatouille.

synthboy

Breakfast today consisted of two bacon and fried egg rolls with HP Sauce and Watties tomato ketchup, a pain aux raisins and Peruvian coffee. My tummy feels very happy.

PoC

Breakfast this morning:

Four Suma dried figs, glass of Morrisons Cherry and Banana smoothie, and porridge with Fortnum's Bees honey.

Porridge and Honey

tgaitskell

Filter Coffee... Filter Coffee... Hmm, a third filter coffee at 11.20am, don't mind if I do.

Chad Out of Space

Leftover doro wat with a sloppy scrambled egg and a mug of Earl Grey. Spicy breakfast is my favorite!

Lammomedes

Last night was a grilled mahi mahi sandwich with lettuce and tomato on a grilled long roll and sweet potato fries, washed down with a Goose Island IPA.

goose-island.jpg

PoC

Just made some "Innsmouth Rascals" (a fruity cross between a scone and a rock cake).

Decided to test one.

Innsmouth Rascal

Skyman

nice brunch with scrambled eggs and cheese with a side of bacon. Finish with an immaculate cinnamon rolls

Mawdrigen

On Saturday,

Ras al hanout chicken, with potatoes and onions.

Also Camembert (sainsburies basic brand) and toast.

It was aweeeesome

GBSteve

Spanish torilla with tomato sauce and mixed veg followed by a pecan tart.

WinstonP

Deciding between a dodgy "sausage" and a very hot curry, in honor of Terry Pratchett.

yockenthwaite
On 12/03/2015 at 15:53, WinstonP said:

Deciding between a dodgy "sausage" and a very hot curry, in honor of Terry Pratchett.

I'm going out for dinner - really don't feel like staying in after the news :( - so will go for the curry option. Though something inna bun has a lot of appeal.

banshee
On 12/03/2015 at 15:53, WinstonP said:

We drank a bottle of scrumpy in his honour - even spiked it with a little Calvados... 

So, it was made from apples. Well, mainly apples  ;)

PoC

For yesterday's live broadcast post-campaign discussion of Eternal Lies we had some Pistachio Marzipan Easter Cake that Helen made especially for the event.

Helen's Lemon & Pistachio Marzipan Easter Cake

Went down well!

MrHandy

I had fettucine alfredo today, my favorite.

WinstonP

Goat curry and rice, with masala tea. Afterwards, galub jamun for dessert.

PoC

During a day trip to Leeds, Helen & I stopped at Mrs Atha's for a hot drink. Mine was a white chocolate from the Kokoa Collection.

Ivory Coast White Hot Chocolate

GBSteve

I've got a cup of tea and some cinder toffee.

deuce

Fresh, home-made pork carnitas (with avocado slices thrown in), approximately like this:

http://www.confessionsofafoodie.me/2014/06/how-to-make-the-best-carnitas.html#.VSLYEdzF8ZM

...with home-made salsa, of course (I throw in some achiote for a bit of the Yucatan).

And Pepsi.  I don't imbibe that many soft drinks, but a two-liter was left over from Easter.  :)