Black-Seal-Editor

Masks of Nyarlathotep Companion Kickstarter now live!

Afraid of the dark

Well I'm in, bit quiet on there, but I'll guess it will hot up. I didn't realise it had been downloaded 50,000 times! Impressive. I'd be interested in what the Chaosium Sandbat edition would include? i'll guess whatever the stretch goals go up to with a different cover.

usmc1855

It Lives!!!!

The Kickstarter campaign is listed, and I am pleased to have been the third person to pledge my support!

usmc1855

It Lives!!!!

The Kickstarter campaign is listed, and I am pleased to have been the third person to pledge my support!

Black-Seal-Editor

I'd be interested in what the Chaosium Sandbat edition would include?

Primarily it will be a differently coloured cover, and a different title page. The content will be the same as the Black Pharaoh and Bloody Tongue editions. If we get stretch goals, then things may change.

DAR

I'm simply going to say, as the backer of several Kickstarters, that there is little that is as annoying as pledging early and then having Stretch goals added *after* I've already pledged - when then force me to either rethink my pledge, reallocate budget, etc.

Either put some stretch goals up when you start the Kickstarter, don't bother at all, or include them at all physical levels because you've had enough money pledged that you can afford to - this breeds good will with your supporters, anything else comes across as trying to milk us for more and more money even as the Kickstarter itself makes more and more money, and that leaves a sour taste in people's mouths when they probably would have been happy to pledge the higher amount in the first place.

D.

hamster

......and I'm in! Just call me a Groom of M'Weru!

Emrys

Paul was first introduced to Call of Cthulhu back when it came in a 2’ deep box.

A 2' deep box would have shown remarkable foresight on the part of Chaosium as 24" of depth would just about allow space for the original MoN campaign, the MoN Companion and some (if not all) of the MoN props set!

I suppose this might be a typo and it should say a 2" deep box (but that's a less amusing interpretation).

yockenthwaite

......and I'm in! Just call me a Groom of M'Weru!

Same here. Really glad to be able to get a good hardback copy.

Black-Seal-Editor

I'm simply going to say, as the backer of several Kickstarters, that there is little that is as annoying as pledging early and then having Stretch goals added *after* I've already pledged - when then force me to either rethink my pledge, reallocate budget, etc.

Either put some stretch goals up when you start the Kickstarter, don't bother at all, or include them at all physical levels because you've had enough money pledged that you can afford to - this breeds good will with your supporters, anything else comes across as trying to milk us for more and more money even as the Kickstarter itself makes more and more money, and that leaves a sour taste in people's mouths when they probably would have been happy to pledge the higher amount in the first place..

Stretch goals will be included in all editions other than Version 0.9.

In my opinion Stretch goals are for keeping the Kickstarter moving after it has funded in order to make it a better product and to keep the pledges coming in. Thus the stretch gaols will be posted if the KS funds.

What's the point of including a stretch goal for the limited edition only when all the limited edition slots have been taken?

I suspect all the M'Weru's Groom pledges will have long gone before or if the KS funds.

Velocipede

Backed! :D

MikeM

Glad to see this finally reach fulfilment - best of luck with the kickstarter (although I don't think you'll need any luck in meeting and exceeding the target!)

ia!

AirborneXO

Good luck guys this appears to be doing well already :)

Cheers, Hal

Shrike

Good luck guys this appears to be doing well already :)

Cheers, Hal

Indeed the top pledge level is sold out already. I am glad I was able to get one of them early on - happy to pledge that high to help support YSDC.

usmc1855

less than 2hrs into the campaign. 106 backers, goal is met!

achab

Funded already? That was quick!

Jonathan Wilson

The limited editions were gone almost immediately.  Kind of disappointed that 1.5 hours all of them were gone and we had been waiting forever now.

Paddurz

Congratulations on having been funded already! That went super quick! It certainly went quicker than I had expected - glad I follow @ysdc on twitter so I caught it on time! Phew, lucky!

Pookie

As part of the team that created the Masks of Nyarlathotep Companion, I want to say thank you.
Thank you to everyone who has pledged so far and helped make the physical book a reality.

Eudaimic

Backed so hard Cthulhu turned over in his watery home (and I don't even like Masks!)

CanterburyTail

And the limited editions are already gone before I could get to a computer. Sucks, but well they are limited.

TheHistorian

The limited editions were gone almost immediately.  Kind of disappointed that 1.5 hours all of them were gone and we had been waiting forever now.

Agreed.  No significant warning, and an edition size of 50... basically whoever happened to check into Y-S at exactly the right time.  Lame.

Black-Seal-Editor

Agreed.  No significant warning, and an edition size of 50... basically whoever happened to check into Y-S at exactly the right time.  Lame.

There will be some additional copies made available. I will post here in advance of that happening.

I hummed and haaed over the number of copies to put down, I thought £65 was quite a lot of money to ask for, and they would go slower than they did. I was wrong.

Budapest

I have version .9. What will be different in the "Black Pharaoh" edition?

Black-Seal-Editor

I have version .9. What will be different in the "Black Pharaoh" edition?

Stretch goals and an index.

Version 0.9 will not be updated.