Black-Seal-Editor

Masks of Nyarlathotep Companion Kickstarter coming

Black-Seal-Editor

This is just a quick heads up that Sixtystone Press will be publishing the Masks of Nyarlathotep Companion via a Kickstarter to raise funds for yog-sothoth.com's running costs.

The project is being setup and reviewed now. Yog-Sothoth.com will be the first place to know the KS is live. I anticipate that should be within the next two weeks. There will be PDF, softback and hadback options.

If you have any experience with index compilation, and want to help finish the Companion please drop me a line by PM.

Velocipede

Please, take my money!

JohnFriberg

Looking SO MUCH forward to this. Yum.

SJE

This could be an expensive December - and given people tend to be hoarding cash for Xmas presents for others might it not raise more money come February?

yockenthwaite

This could be an expensive December - and given people tend to be hoarding cash for Xmas presents for others might it not raise more money come February?

I was wondering that too. Though I can see the advantages of the sooner it is the sooner Yoggie gets more funds. But I'd like to see it get as much funds as possible.

badseed

acb.jpg

Hell yes!

hamster

I agree, this is the reason I couldn't back the London box set from Cubicle Seven last year, too close to Christmas to justify spending money on a Kickstarter!

(not just justify, but also afford it)

Afraid of the dark

I thought exactly the same, but didn't want to put a downer on it. The top levels of the props Kickstarter will eat into people. I'd have thought if it passed through the Christmas period, ending in January, would see a lot of Christmas present money go into it.

PoC

I may have made a similar suggestion. ;-)

crazy_cat

I would back in January/February but don't think I could justify it this side of Christmas - and Mrs crazy_cat would probably have an opinion on my 'wasting the money on my games' as well.

wombat1

If you have any experience with index compilation, and want to help finish the Companion please drop me a line by PM.

If no one better appears, I would be willing to learn, though I have not had experience with index compilation.

tgaitskell

I agree with much of the above sentiment. I'm Currently backing the MoN Props and Paranoia Kickstarters. The costs for those will come from my December (i.e. Festive season/present buying) wages. I can't take a third. Would it be possible to at least have it Start in December, but END in January... Then that's a whole new month of wages... and possibilities...

Beyond01

I do think they should wait - if they want to maximise revenue. I don’t want to see a disappointing campaign as we saw with Cthulhu: Strange Aeons recently, and time should be spent ensure that marketing is maximised by getting the word out more first. I, for one, simply cannot afford to back it before Xmas. Also, as a point to raise, how will it deal with 7E adaptations? 

Black-Seal-Editor

Also, as a point to raise, how will it deal with 7E adaptations? 

It won't. Simple as that. The thing is so big it would take another two years to update the thing.

CsabTheHun

Yeah, definitely wait until at least the new year - and also the Delta Green RPG Kickstarter should be taken into account which should commence in January.

Black-Seal-Editor

Paul has requested that the KS be shifted back to January 2015, so it will now start in te New Year.

yockenthwaite

Paul has requested that the KS be shifted back to January 2015, so it will now start in te New Year.

Yay! Many thanks all. Looking forward to being able to back this.

WinstonP

Well, many things Masks related start in January.  At least this one won't involved a corpse in a hotel room! ;)

Afraid of the dark

Hail that brothers.

Cearlan

This is good news - it means I will be able to afford it better. Though it does cut off one potential Christmas prezzie from the list. Swings and roundabouts I guess, a bit like Mythos Knowledge and and Sanity loss ;-)  .

Emrys

At least this one won't involved a corpse in a hotel room! ;)

That would certainly make for an interesting stretch goal ...

Vaeron

January would be a great time, as that's currently the the fulfillment time frame for the props. I'm sure Velocipede would give it a nod or two in his Kickstarter updates, and the demand for MoN goodness has pretty much proven itself.

As amazing as 0.9 already is, I can't wait to see the finished product!

cjearkham

I tried to volunteer for index compilation, but my PM received the response "The member Black-Seal-Editor cannot receive any new messages".

So here I am, vounteering in public.

My only experience is in doing the index for my Bibliography, but I bring to that the frustration of using indexes that fail to mention obvious-to-me references within a book.

MonkeyPrime

This just went from a no chance to a possibility with the change in time-frame!

PCIHenry

I will certainly be backing this. This is my favorite CoC campaign; one that I've run a number of times.

What does the Companion consist of?