Velocipede

[Kickstarter] Masks of Nyarlathotep Reimagined Props

Bibbly

ARGH......Cant wait anymore. Ive been stalling for months. I'm carrying on and letting my team take a final run at the Ju Ju house. All of New York will have been with my clues. I hope the rest still make it all worthwhile

I hope those clues come soon or some form of communication starts up again. Until then wish me luck.

ProfessorBradwell

That's a real disappointment, kudos to you for stringing your players along for so long.

By the look of the comments here and on the Kickstarter backers frustration is truly mounting with this project, this is meant to be the final exciting leg but many people have sadly not heard anything from Ben.

He really needs to pull his head out soon and get some info out.

Bibbly

Not sure why he doesn't just log in once a week with a short update. Even telling us how tired and stressed he is would be better than total silence. I get my hopes up every week and then nothing. If I knew it would be a month or months at least I could stop the endless cycle of excitement and dissapointment.

At this point I would even downgrade my package just to get it sooner.

Munchezuma

I am pretty skeptical about this project. It seems so unlikely to fulfill at this point.

ProfessorBradwell

Not sure why he doesn't just log in once a week with a short update. Even telling us how tired and stressed he is would be better than total silence. I get my hopes up every week and then nothing. If I knew it would be a month or months at least I could stop the endless cycle of excitement and dissapointment.

At this point I would even downgrade my package just to get it sooner.

I keep thinking to my self that if I stop checking the page then maybe one day the package will just show up at my house, but then I check the page and my hopes are crushed.

I am pretty skeptical about this project. It seems so unlikely to fulfill at this point.

I don't think you're alone in thinking that. The lack of communication is what annoys me the most, like Bibbly said it's not hard to just login and post an update or just give us some information.

The most recent comment on the Kickstarter by a backer was simply "He has a job and a girlfriend. He's busy."

I can accept the fact that he's been busy as I my self have work, study and am planning a wedding. What I and many others can't accept is almost 3 weeks of utter silence. This is a commitment that he made after all.

littleo

Yeah, one notices the lack of kickstarter comments in the vein of "I just got my box, thanks." It looks like no shipping is currently happening, and with no updates we have to assume the project has ground to a halt.

Mike D

Bibbly

Im guessing Ben underestimated how little fun it is to do the same ultra fun unique art project 700 times. I hope he has help cuz yikes!!!!! Thats a ton of work. Really I get the difficulty of it all. Can only  imagine what he is trying to do by hand. I hope there is an update this month, even if its not a positive one. I hope people aren't filling his email with grumpy emails.

leonardolad

I feel bad for Ben. It's sad to see backers frustration grow without any kind of attention. I mean, I don't doubt he's working on it, and I'm still pretty confident we're getting our goods eventually. Still, it's hard to defend him on this. During the funding people were really excited about the whole thing, and now his silence is killing it. At this point, if he's not having a whole lot of time to work on this, i would say it would be better if he just stop all production for some days and take the time to answer questions and make a clear, sincere update.

Paddurz

He was warned during the Kickstarter that his time schedule looked very unrealistic (Shipping in February) with a Kickstarter ending 15 Dec. I think the main issue is radically underestimating the demand (507 backers) and the amount of work collating everything for the individual packages. I suspect that shipping costs might be an issue as well (costing more than anticipated, meaning a cash flow problem).

leonardolad

Yeah, poor communication makes people wonder what's happening. In the last update he mentions a new job and his girlfriend moving in. Maybe he's just not having enough time, but even if that's the case, he should find the time and talk to his backers. Most of them just want a few words every week saying how are things going, and it's hard to find and excuse for not doing that.

Lammomedes

I'll state that I got my box about two weeks ago (GenCon kept me from posting). I don't know if all the items are there (a handy checklist exists, so I"ll have to sit down and look through it to see) but it a lot of stuff. I'll try to take some pictures later on and post them. The only thing I really have to complain about at this point is the printing on the box wasn't completely set when it shipped (or was assembled) and it is slightly smudged in parts and a little off center. However, the contents are all there and seem to be of the quantity promised.

As I said, I'll try to post pictures later tonight or tomorrow, but I got my box.

ProfessorBradwell

I personally don't doubt that it will be finished eventually, but I think there are doubts growing amongst some backers.

It's seems like things have been compounding against him, from the unrealistic expected delivery to possible any issues that could arise.

I think leonardolad is right, Ben just really needs to make some time to inform backers of what's going on. He was quite active and responsive when shipping first began but then he dropped off the planet, I'm not bothered by delays but I don't like behind left in the dark.

I feel like I'm going in circles on this topic, but when you've got nothing new to work with...

I'll state that I got my box about two weeks ago (GenCon kept me from posting). I don't know if all the items are there (a handy checklist exists, so I"ll have to sit down and look through it to see) but it a lot of stuff. I'll try to take some pictures later on and post them. The only thing I really have to complain about at this point is the printing on the box wasn't completely set when it shipped (or was assembled) and it is slightly smudged in parts and a little off center. However, the contents are all there and seem to be of the quantity promised.

As I said, I'll try to post pictures later tonight or tomorrow, but I got my box.

Was that a basic box?

Also the checklist I did up ^_^

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bjymFEtzgOX8ExQzKjvhxQVN3JjoBD8xUm66Akm_ZGw/edit?usp=docslist_api

Bibbly

Yup the silence is killing the fun. Its hard to keep calm and keep from getting frustrated when your not sure what is going on. I be he's buried deep in it all and then there is life to go along with it all. Im hoping he's OK. I can only imagine the stress. Promising a help line that is never answered and updates and deadlines that are not met is really not making things better. At this point if he posted "NOT DEAD". That would suffice.

Can other people who got their packages please post? As far as we know one guy got his.......thats it?????

I'm in Canada no word.

AdamAlexander

I posted a few pictures of mine a few weeks ago, but haven't had a chance to follow up with more as the package arrived just as we started to move to another house. There's a possibility that I can post more Friday or Saturday when I'm home again.

Munchezuma

FWIW, I just received my Eye of Light and Darkness direct from Delphes today. I am very happy with it and it is a very pleasant surprise. I hope this is a sign of more good to come.

Paddurz

It should be noted though that Delphes, who makes the Eye, is based in France, Europe and is a totally separate entity from Ben Patey. She seem to have a much better control of the production chain and a much more realistic and grounded approach to time schedules and risks, something that can't be said of Ben.

Munchezuma

Update from Ben today, which is good to see.

Bibbly

There was an update today....WoooT!!! He's alive and well. Sounds exhausted but well just the same!!!

Jonathan Wilson

My Eye of Light and Darkness showed up today and it is quite nice.  Nothing else has arrived as of yet.

Mankcam

WooHoo !!!, My props turned up earlier this week, I'm stoked!

Bibbly

WooHoo !!!, My props turned up earlier this week, I'm stoked!

Mind if we ask where you are at what size box you got?

Lammomedes

Okay, I apologize for the delay in showing pics as I promised back on the 10th, but with the return to university and my teaching schedule, its been kinda hectic.
Here are some pics:

post-1159-0-44150900-1440196384_thumb.jpgpost-1159-0-87186100-1440196385_thumb.jpgpost-1159-0-67279200-1440196387_thumb.jpgpost-1159-0-12321500-1440196389_thumb.jpgpost-1159-0-40236900-1440196390_thumb.jpgpost-1159-0-63698800-1440196391_thumb.jpgpost-1159-0-93601500-1440196392_thumb.jpgpost-1159-0-39552500-1440196394_thumb.jpgpost-1159-0-65346400-1440196395_thumb.jpgpost-1159-0-89822200-1440196396_thumb.jpg

Mankcam

Mind if we ask where you are at what size box you got?

I am in Brisbane QLD Australia, and the box looks pretty much like the photos above, posted by Lammomedes.

ProfessorBradwell

I am in Brisbane QLD Australia, and the box looks pretty much like the photos above, posted by Lammomedes.

Brisbane aye.. I'm in Adelaide so maybe there is hope, did you back at the $65 or $85 level?