Velocipede

[Kickstarter] Masks of Nyarlathotep Reimagined Props

mvincent

Thanks Velocipede! Yours was an incredible, irresistible Kickstarter. Even though I already had a set from you, I couldn't resist getting another (especially with the extra trimmings you came up with). Thank you for crafting the props I so desperately wanted to take my games to the next level!

Zymm315

Will there be a place to maybe purchase these after the Kickstarter?  I unfortunately was low on funds for this campaign, but would be thrilled to pick it up at a later date!!

ClarenceColeman

Zymm315, there was a recent update that addresses getting in on the fun. See below for a link:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/16120292/masks-of-nyarlathotep-prop-set/posts/1093829

Update 35, Dec 26 2014 Options for late backers. A lot of people who missed the deadline for the project have been approaching me about how they can still get in.

Anyone who is interested, please choose a tier and paypal your pledge, along with your shipping details to billing@gateandkey.com

If you are interested in pledging to a limited tier, please message me here first to check for availability.

Please not that these late orders will most likely ship later than those that backed the original project.

Thanks!

-Ben

Paddurz

It's gone worryingly quiet from Ben Patey on this KS. Has anyone heard anything or is there something nefarious going on?

I don't mean to upset anyone but it seems that many KS come to this stage and it all goes quiet only for the big reveal that it was yet another non-fulfilled KS on which a bunch of us lost a lot of money on and KS don't care because they already got paid.

mvincent

It's gone worryingly quiet from Ben Patey on this KS. Has anyone heard anything or is there something nefarious going on?

His radio silence on the KS is indeed odd (especially since he is still posting pictures on facebook). However: I'm pretty sure it's not nefarious... I have in my possession an early copy of the paper props (purchased before the Kickstarter), and copies of the passport stamps (he sent them to me early so that they could be used at a convention). They exist, and are very cool. I couldn't imagine anyone doing all that work and then becoming nefarious (especially on this sort of project).

Paddurz

Thanks for the info, mrvincent. Sadly I've been hit by exactly this behaviour before on Kickstarter which is why I'm now getting twitchy.

WinstonP

I hope this handout from the next issue of the Arkham Gazette is not prescient... :(

post-98-0-99551600-1434066097_thumb.jpg

(Handout prepared by Dean Engelhardt; scenario "The Queen of Night" by Chris Huth, with Bret Kramer. Ben backed at the "victim of the witch" level. I've no actual knowledge of his current situation.)

dce

I hope this handout from the next issue of the Arkham Gazette is not prescient... :(

Hmm ... if real-life starts imitating CoC scenario handouts, I think we are ALL in serious trouble.

Dean (from Adelaide)

Gaspode

Glad its not just me getting twitchy ... Just an update from Ben would be nice (its some what worrying that Paul has washed his hands of it - He's posted in the comments that he just did the design and knows nothing about whats happening now) ...

usmc1855

The Props are shipping!

Ben Patey has just released an update stating tha tprops will begin to ship

:

We are shipping

It's been a little while since I've communicated with you all, and I'm awfully sorry for that.

The last few months have been, unequivocally, the most stressful of my entire life. The scope of this project exploded beyond what I could have imagined, and the responsibilities that came with that success were much more daunting than I realized.

This was my first attempt at a project such as this, and it has been a more massive undertaking. I've made a pile of mistakes throughout this process, and any delays were solely my responsibility. 

That being said, the project will begin shipping starting Monday, the 22nd. You will receive tracking information as soon as your package hits the postal service.

If any of you have changed addresses in the meantime, please contact me here and I will adjust for you.

Thanks,
Ben"

Paddurz

While it is good that Ben has posted an update, the situation is less than clear.

1. Delivery time for the eye of light and darkness, for those who ordered it. Will this be a second package? Until yesterday Delphes could not get hold of Ben so they are not cast yet.

2. Are the props that was ordered as add-ons for the MoN companion KS also going to start shipping next week or are those on a different timing altogether? As of yesterday, Adam had not received any answer from Ben regarding these props.

Ben has caused a lot of worry and frustration by not communicating with us, I guess we'll see next week if things really do start to ship or not.

Paddurz

Ben has finally posted an update on KS. It didn't fully answer all raised issues but it's a sing of life anyway, which is good. Shipping is to start on 22 June. We'll see how that goes.

jlynn

Paddurz beat me to it (due to internet problems here), but he's right on.  We know from Delphes that whatever gets shipped will be incomplete if it was supposed to include the Eye of Light and Darkness. 

What I suspect is that he means the basic props packages will ship, plus, if he actually has any of the sculptures, stamps, leather cases, etc, they might ship too.  Everything else will have to follow....

Since I pledged for the full monty, that means I'll still be waiting for things.  *sigh*  Shades of HotOE.

Oh well, something is better than nothing -- and if he'll just send our shipping addresses to Delphes, she'll get our Eyes of Light and Darkness out to us, according to her.

I'll conclude this by adding the caveat that all of the above is true unless he suddenly had a flurry of communications and some very lucky timing solutions with people like Delphes and whoever else was doing the other sculptures...if that happened, then we might actually see everything in one fell swoop.  However, I won't hold my breath.

Of course, that leaves us still hanging fire with the MoN Companion since Ben may or may not have communicated with Sixtystone about the extra props there after their update.... 

It's amazing how unclear some communication can be.  Someday, I'm going to write a Monograph; The English Language; A Suitable Tool for Obfuscation.

One other thing though -- everyone keeps talking about the "props we paid for from Ben as part of the Companion Kickstarter."  I don't actually remember anyone being given the opportunity to pay for those.  They were a stretch goal -- which we achieved, but no price was ever quoted or collected because Ben never apparently replied to Sixtystone about the issue (and probably hasn't to this day).  That information was supposed to be part of the Backerkit, later replaced by the Survey, or, alternately a separate e-mail from Sixtystone since they couldn't actually quote a price due to lack of information.  That was one of the big reasons why no Survey was ever sent out, as I recall.  So can someone tell me if there WAS an opportunity to order those specific props?  Because I never got that info, and I really wanted those props.

Bibbly

I can not read the latest update on the kickstarter. It says I'm not a backer and won't let me in. I tried to get in touch with Ben to see if it this can be fixed but he hasn't gotten back to me. What is the latest news? Has it been shipped? Is there another delay????

I'm dying here. I've been stalling players, ran two unrelated adventures and sure lost a lot of momentum.

Im trying to figure out how much longer. Help if you can. 

leonardolad

Here's the latest update, from Jun 25:

Looks like we're going to have a slight delay of 1-2 days while I wait on a late shipment of shipping boxes.
We'll get right back into as soon as they arrive though.

-Ben

He's being a lot more communicative these days, so if you lost last week, here's the important information:

Jun 23

As of today, the shipping process has begun. We are starting with domestic backers and working from there. You will receive tracking info as soon as your package has shipped. The process should take about 1-2 weeks for us to get everything out.

Not a whole lot of sleep this week, but I'm really excited to get all of this stuff to you all. It's been a crazy couple of months and, with all of the stretch goals, and hard work so many people have put into this project, I'm really happy with the results.

Jun 24

As of this posting we have shipped about sixty units. This pace will definitely increase as we continue shipping, as we had to put a decent amount of time into optimizing our workflow.

Bibbly

Thanks so much Leonardolad!!! I think i can stall that out. My players will be leaving New York by the time it arrives though....

leonardolad

No problem!

It's a shame that a fair amount of these props is used during NY chapter, but looks like you'll be good to go for the next ones if you can wait a few days. Maybe skip a session for the sake of awesomeness?

usmc1855

Has anyone received the props yet?  Like so many others, I'm anxious to receiving mine.

Bibbly

Has anyone received the props yet?  Like so many others, I'm anxious to receiving mine.

Has anyone received a tracking number yet letting them know the props are on the way over?

leonardolad

Nothing here, but Ben did said that they would start with domestic shippings, so... I'm not really expecting any mysterious package to arrive here in the mystical and unexplored jungles of South America anytime soon.

Bibbly

Im in Canada and no word yet.

ClarenceColeman

I haven't seen any notice of shipping, as yet, in North Carolina.  I'm guessing it will be pretty soon, now, though.  Then again, if there were add-ons, I wonder if that will delay things a bit, more.

Until then, I bet I can find something to keep me busy...feeding shoggoths, trying to get line 403 perfected in my chant, stuff like that.  Have fun.

usmc1855

I'm in Tennessee.  With 60 units sent out on the 24th, I'd hope some had been received (atleast a tracking number?) by a few that frequent here, or would comment on the Kickstarter's comments page.

ProfessorBradwell

Hearing that no one in America, that has commented on this thread, has heard anything either doesn't fill me with confidence as being in Australia means it will be even longer before I hear anything.

AdamAlexander

My package has arrived in Ohio and I did not receive tracking information. My pledge is the $65 level. A quick look through the box reveals some nice material.