JudoMonk

Halloween adventure for Invictus?

JudoMonk

Is there a spooky type Halloween adventure for Invictus? It can not be very big adventure.. need to complete it a few hours.

Azimuth

Hi there - I'd recommended this in another Hallowe'en thread:

Silva Negra, from the monograph Extrico Tabula (Chaosium) - a Cthulhu Invictus scenario that I played through in the first YSDC games day. Creepy and very brutal if you're after something with actual combat - gives a great sense of mounting dread

I'm not quite sure how long it took us to play through, but we seemed to finish pretty quickly (within a few hours) - and most of the party died :)

WinstonP

Longa Obscuritas from Bride of Halloween Horror is explicitly set during the fall in Britannia.  Here's the synopsis from the website:

Adventure by Oscar Rios. For the Romans it was the end of the growing season and a time of harvest. It was a busy time, when those working the land gathered in the fruits of their labor and made ready for the long dark months of winter. It was an important time because if the growing season was poor those there would be many hardships ahead.

For the natives here in Britannia, it was all that and much more. To them this was a sacred time, the start of their New Year. It was also when those who had died during the year made their way to whatever afterlife these people believed in. A time when they believed that all manner of ghoulies and ghosties, and long legged beasties were free to enter our world.

NeferSutekh

Lemuralia from Dead Leaves Fall, also by Oscar Rios, is set in the Roman equivalent of Halloween. 

The Roman calendar has many holidays, festivals and holy days. The time is approaching for the feast of Lemuralia, three sacred days (May 9th, 11th and 13th) when all good Romans perform rites to exorcize the unwholesome spirits of the dead from their homes. This was accomplished by making offerings of beans and mola salsa, special salted flower cakes made by the Vestal Virgins from the first ears of wheat of a harvesting season. Such gifts usually were enough to satisfy the restless dead for another year, but every once in an unfortunate while the dead aren’t so easily appeased.

ShadowDenizen

While not specifically set on Halloween, I'd also recommed "Blood & Glory" from "The Gods Hate Me.", written by (of course) Invictus guru Oscar Rios.  :)

A really interesting, two-level story set against the backdrop of a gladiatorial celebration.

Gol-Goroth

Wow.  I am very flattered by this thread.   I like Halloween and Cthulhu Invictus a lot, but that should be obvious.