Yog-Sothothery Newsletter Read more... ×
GoodyWatkins

NecronomiCon Providence 2015

GoodyWatkins

As the great mass of our universe roils in the firmament, shifting in contempt as the stars become right for NecronomiCon Providence (August 20 - 23) 2015, a question echoes in the great eternity; will you be there?

In the forefront of each and every brain cylinder should be Paul and Helen MacClean, or our dearly beloved site's, presence. Check out the YSDC Travel Fund page for more details.

Helen

Thanks Shane! I hope they release some details about the con soon.

skaye

The latest newsletter announced the website is live and there are group rates for the Biltmore and the Omni. I've heard the Biltmore is already sold out. It also notes the Dean Hotel as a possibility, though there is no group rate negotiated.

While the convention is not doing a Kickstarter, it is seeking donations and sponsors.

Upcoming:

- An announcement about a Call for Abstracts for the Dr. Henry Armitage Memorial Scholarship Symposium

- News about convention passes and programming

- Merchandise via an online store

Ningauble

I will be there -- booked my flight yesterday, got a hotel room (they had just released more rooms at the Biltmore, but I could only get a two-bed room) and filled out my ESTA form. :-D

Rayven

o.O *Is surprised to realize I have never heard of this before now!*

PoC

We're booked.

Like Gen Con, we'll only be doing this once...

Nick Storm

If you have both the time and the means, do not miss this event. It's currently held every other year.

It's a pilgrimage for the faithful...a true journey.

N.S

N'gah-Kthun

I'm hoping to attend NecroniomiCon this year. It'll be my first time there and everything that's been released about it makes me really excited. It sounds like a lot of fun.

cjearkham

We're booked.

Like Gen Con, we'll only be doing this once...

Congratulations.  I look forward to meeting the Yoggies there.  Perhaps a formal Yog Meet of some sort?

Do not miss taking one of the tours of HPL's Providence. You can do a self-guided tour, using the map on hplovecraft.com, but it's more fun in a group.  (I've run these tours before, and just made the circuit again last summer for my own amusement, so if you can't make a scheduled tour, I might be able to run one for you.)

SammyD

I will most certainly be there, and lucky me--I only live 20 minutes from downtown Providence! Hopefully my CoC podcast group will be there with me!

WinstonP

Assuming I am able to attend I may offer an HPL inclusive but more general interest walk around St John's burying ground and North Burial ground. Hopefully I can update my Graveyards of Providence guide as well. They're now sold out. :)

GBSteve

I'll be at Gen Con and I can't do both. If only they were closer together.

MikeM

I'll be there and look forward to seeing people there!

Second time to Providence, the first was back in 2000 for just a day, did a walking tour but didn't manage to get to the cemetery. So that's definitely a goal this time around.

Gol-Goroth

I'll be there, rooming with GGP associate editor and staff writer, Jeffrey Moeller!  The Goblins return to Necronomicon (frankly, I'm a little surprised we're still up and running two years later... :P  )

cjbowser

Andi Newton and I just signed on. We'll be staying at the Biltmore. Now, to find cat sitters.

MrBlueSky

I'll be headed over from Australia.

The Goblins return to Necronomicon (frankly, I'm a little surprised we're still up and running two years later... :P  )

This time we need to organise the Karaoke ahead of time.

Gol-Goroth

I'll be headed over from Australia.

This time we need to organise the Karaoke ahead of time.

Jeff Moeller and I are already planning out an outing.  There is a new Karoke place opened near the hotel too!

neorxnawang

Jeff Moeller and I are already planning out an outing.  There is a new Karoke place opened near the hotel too!

If you want to hear songs sung in a flat nasal baritone with a hint of Appalachia, come see it!  Oscar thinks he's going to get me to sing Let It Go.  In my flat baritone.  I do a decent speed metal roar but that's not very karaoke.  I have been known, however, to sing Us and Them and an easier Billy Joel song (like Vienna).

MikeM

Did someone say karaoke?!

Count me in!

Nick Storm

It's not too soon to think about a yogg gathering or multiple gatherings. I can play tour guide if anyone is interested. I'll have an SUV available and can probably be bribed or coerced into some chauffeur duties as well.

That said, what *we* crazy few need is a 'cultist symbol', perhaps a Yogge pin of some sort to make meet and greets a little more accessible and...interesting.

Gol-Goroth

My songs of choice are Heat of Glass by Blondie, Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden, Creep by Radiohead, and Heaven on their Minds from the Jesus Christ Superstar Rock Opera.

Don't judge me.

wombat1

Hmm, no one wants to sing "Jesus Loves Me?"

skaye

Assuming everything goes as planned, splitting a room at the Omni with a friend and his wife. I'm told the Biltmore has sold out its block.