JudoMonk

Is there a List of Invictus Material and other CI questions

JudoMonk

Hello

I got tired of waiting for 7e to come out...seems to taking forever and a day! So, my players and I decided to try Cuthuhu Invictus. From what I read about it I really like the setting and how it combines with CoC mythos.

A couple fast questions:

1) Are all the gods explained away as creatures from the mythos or are there gods not mythos related like Neptune?

2) What are all the books and adventures for this setting? Is there a link showing them all?

3) Is Cthulhu Invictus still being supported by Chaosium or have they stopped making newer 'stuff' for it?

4) I have 6e rules. Are these the rules Cthulhu Invictus use?

WinstonP

Hello

I got tired of waiting for 7e to come out...seems to taking forever and a day! So, my players and I decided to try Cuthuhu Invictus. From what I read about it I really like the setting and how it combines with CoC mythos.

A couple fast questions:

1) Are all the gods explained away as creatures from the mythos or are there gods not mythos related like Neptune?

2) What are all the books and adventures for this setting? Is there a link showing them all?

3) Is Cthulhu Invictus still being supported by Chaosium or have they stopped making newer 'stuff' for it?

4) I have 6e rules. Are these the rules Cthulhu Invictus use?

1. No and yes.  There is an explanation of the Olympian gods (and other deities) that draws from the Mythos, but they are not simply explained away other names for the Mythos gods.

2. Yes there is.  See HERE.

3.  I believe so (the soon to be released "Ripples from Carcosa" includes an Invictus scenario); Golden Goblin Press sure is.

4.  Yes.

wombat1

There is a fair amount of Invictus material, and your players will quickly get an education in finding new approaches to dealing with Mythos creatures--no fire power, no explosives, and the hand-to-hand and ranged weapons frequently do about as much damage as the armor of the critter to begin with.  This leads to a rather more cautious style of play.

Gol-Goroth

You can add De Horrore Cosmico to this list, a collection of six scenarios from Golden Goblin Press.   We just released the PDF to backers last night.

wombat1

Outstanding news! Congratulations on a successful kickstarter with no drama.

Shimmin Beg

There is a fair amount of Invictus material, and your players will quickly get an education in finding new approaches to dealing with Mythos creatures--no fire power, no explosives, and the hand-to-hand and ranged weapons frequently do about as much damage as the armor of the critter to begin with.  This leads to a rather more cautious style of play.

I haven't played, but from listening, I thought one of the most interesting changes is actually the ability for Investigators to wear armour and carry shields.  The extra level of survivability against lesser threats, particularly human ones, changes both the way people play, and the kind of challenges that a Keeper can reasonably expect the group to survive mostly intact.  At the same time, being limited to mostly hand weapons, they have to get in close.  It seems to make for a bolder approach to danger.

wombat1

It seems to make for a bolder approach to danger.

Perhaps, however my players in the Invictus campaign took quite the opposite approach.  They were more than willing to mix it with any reasonable number of cultists, especially if they could catch them napping (literally), but 'bold' in the face of anything else was not the first thought that came to mind. 

The_Tatterdemalion_King

Sounds like your players know what the score is.