golfsale

Lovecraftian "Endeavour"

golfsale

I was watching the British TV detective series Endeavour last night . There were two Lovecraftian references:

• Two of the characters were "an American couple from Kingsport, Massachusetts".

• I checked the credits at the end and the husband was called Nahum Gardiner, very similar to the farmer from The Colour out of Space.

I hope the couple brought along their annotated copy of the Ponape Scripture. (Why weren't the police suspicious that they claimed to come from a town that doesn't exist?)

Frubgarde

The new series of Sixties crime drama Endeavour started on UK television at the start of February.  In the first episode we had an artist named Pickman, and at one point hear the phrase "Pickman's Model".  The second episode then featured a character called Jason Curwen.

The Lovecraftian references seemingly end with the names, but I will watch the third episode with interest.

F

Pookie

Louise and I had a giggle at 'Pickman's Model', but we have not watched the second episode, so we wait to catch these references with glee.

Frubgarde

I wouldn't want to spoil your fun but there's not much to catch really.  No titillating references to extreme longevity or anything like that...

Frubgarde

There were no Lovecraftian references in Episode 3 that I could see, although there was a chap called Ed Derby on University Challenge the following evening.

F

GBSteve

There was an HPL round on University Challenge tonight. I got 7.

yockenthwaite

There was an HPL round on University Challenge tonight. I got 7.

''Twas Mastermind.

GBSteve

Oops, yes. They all merge into one.  Only Connect is my favourite.

HJ

The Mastermind HPL contestant got through the the final.