Pookie

'Paris of the Orient' Computer Game

Pookie

If you enjoyed Rockster's L.A. Noire, then you will be pleased to note that the same team is developing a similar game, but set in Shanghai in 1936. Its working title is Whore of the Orient (which explains why I did not use it as the post title). Given our mutual interest in the setting and period - Shanghai being the setting for both a chapter of Masks of Nyarlathotep and the scenario 'Shanghai Bullets' from Stunning Eldritch Tales for Trail of Cthulhu, this game may well capture some of the feel of the city.

Basic information is here and some in-game footage is here.

Laraqua

Aww, there's absolutely no word on a release date so it's eaaaaaarly days yet.  I want to play it now!

Aklo

As amazing as another game from this group would be, there has been literally NO word on this game since September of 2013 when it came under fire for it's name. There has been SOME leaked footage of the game, and it is currently slated, according to Kotaku and IGN for a 2015 release, but the lack of info is a bit worrisome.

My two cents, I LOVE the concept of the game, and the setting would be heaven, but I knew there would be trouble as soon as that name came to light. The Chinese are (generally) touchy about even positive foreign depictions of their culture, let alone something like that...we shall see...

Sign in to comment.

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now