DannKriss

Call Of Cthulhu: The Writhing Dark - Playing Cards and Tarot

DannKriss

d4bf4af966a639e242141e4e32d64901_large.j

Greetings fellow cultists,

I wanted to let you know about an awesome project on Kickstarter from a friend of mine. Shane Tyree has already made a name for himself on Kickstarter from his former work as lead artist and art director for Albino Dragon, and in the role-playing community for his work with AEG and Fantasy Flight, crafting art for such titles as Call Of Cthulhu, Shadowrun, and Warhammer Fantasy

Now he's out doing his own thing, and his first offering is a follow-up to his record-breaking Call Of Cthulhu Bicycle Playing Card decks from autumn 2012. This time he's created a whole new vision for the decks, both Limited and Unlimited editions, and is also crafting a Lovecraftian Tarot deck as part of the project! Go check it out and show him some love! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/770124317/call-of-cthulhu-the-writhing-dark-playing-cards-an

Hope to see you there!

Best Regards,

Dann

Aklo

Very interesting art, congrats on the funding!

Tony Williams

I've backed it and can't wait - "The Hanged Man" card shows Abdul Al'ahzred being "taken" by the Mythos in Damascus.

I've always wanted a tarot but never got around to buying one - finally I have found one that ticks my boxes.

Another one I've backed is a "cutesy" Mythos playing card deck here:

www.kickstarter.com/projects/cthulhuproject/cthulhu-playing-cards-game

Check it out, if only for the original song that plays over the Kickstarter video which is genius ( but please consider backing ).

kin242

2 years later and your friend Shane has yet to deliver. He doesnt even provide an inkling of when if ever he is planning to ship anything out in his sporadic updates. Caveat Emptor,  but very very disappointing!

Mawdrigen

Yeah sadly I've finally had to request a refund. I won't get it but still...

MOB

We don't want backers to be prevented by Chaosium from getting what they've paid Shane Tyree to produce, although we would be within our rights to terminate the Writhing Dark Kickstarter agreements. But because Shane has the actual product in hand and sincerely states that he still wishes to deliver, we have instead issued a special license extension. This is strictly limited to fulfilling the original Writhing Dark and Extended Edition Kickstarter rewards and expires on completion.

More details here: https://www.chaosium.com/blog/statement-about-writhing-dark-kickstarters