Jon Hodgson

Cubicle 7's Cthulhu Britannica London Boxed Set

Jon Hodgson
Cubicle 7's Cthulhu Britannica London Boxed Set kickstarter campaign will launch on Tuesday the 12th of November!

We want to make the ultimate boxed setting for 1920s London for the Call of Cthulhu roleplaying game. Beautiful artwork to inspire you, gorgeous maps to lose yourself in, evocative tomes on the city and its Mythos secrets to terrify, enthral, and immerse you in the glamour and smog of the capital of the Empire.

This is a project that has been years in the making, and has attracted a huge amount of support from the community, with the biggest stumbling point is that smaller-volume print runs of deluxe boxed sets just don’t work financially. Kickstarter gives us the chance to overcome that hurdle and bring you the ultimate 1920s Cthulhu London setting.

We're getting the ball rolling with this first postcard from our friend in 1920s London, Neve Selcibuc.

Neve will be sending out regular postcards throughout the campaign, and you can help guide her through the wonders and horrors of London in the 1920s with your votes via email.  When each postcard arrives you can chose one of the options, suggesting what Neve should do next.  Simply send an email to neveselcibuc@gmail.com with your chosen option in the subject line.  The option with the most votes will be what Neve decides to do next!

C7_CthulhuBritannica_Postcard_01_550.jpg

Keep an eye on The Cubicle 7 site, and our Twitter, FB and Tumblr pages for more information.  We will of course update here too!

Afraid of the dark

Obviously launches later in the day!

jorune

Good luck with the Kickstarter. 

Jon Hodgson

Thanks! We all have our fingers and toes crossed!

We'll be launching a little bit later on to ensure that our American friends are awake, whilst ensuring our European friends have not yet gone to sleep!  But today is definitely the day.  it's been a long road, and it's great to have reached this point.

Launchingtoday.jpg

Paddurz

Backed as well! Delighted and excited about this ever since I first heard of it!

PoC

Book 1 – Guide to London

The essential guide to London in the 1920s, with a focus on what it’s like to be in the city and useful information for Keepers and investigators.

This book includes: A History of London • Fortean Events and Unusual Occurrences In London • Arriving in England & London • Getting around London • The People of London • Shopping in London...

Surely the key feature for my group. ;-)

hamster

Arrrrgh........ £50 the lowest option for a physical copy!!!

.......,But it looks sooooo good, my wallet is going to hate me!

Paddurz

Judging on the wonderful art and quality of the The One Ring books and their other stuff this is going to be awesome! Why isn't it August 2014 already?

@PoC: Hopefully they'll have a section on christmas hampers especially for the Innsmouth House (Ir)Regulars.

Badger

Hey Stuart,

I'm kinda lost when it comes to the differences between the Rule Britannica and Pearly King in Yellow levels. Could you clarify what  they are?

Thanks,

-=badger

Graeme_P

And pledged!

...and pledged again (forgot to add shipping!)

yockenthwaite

I forgot to add shipping too, but remembered shortly after so updated my pledge. I wonder how many other people will forget too.

paladin2769

Pledges, and forgot to add shipping too.  Thanks for mentioning it, guys.  :)

I went for Pearly King in Yellow myself, hoping there are lots of unlocked bonuses.

SJE

Can I skip shipping if I arrange to pick it up from you at a con?

Thx

Steve

WinstonP

That was fast...  currently at £17,124, or roughly 120% of the 15k goal.  I wonder how high this will go?

Paddurz

That was fast... currently at £17,124, or roughly 120% of the 15k goal. I wonder how high this will go?

Funded in less than 12 hours! That is pretty amazing.

Tigger_MK4

Thats excellent news. (Pearly king achievement unlocked).

Also initially forgot to add shipping, then went back again to add it...

StuartB

Hey Stuart,

I'm kinda lost when it comes to the differences between the Rule Britannica and Pearly King in Yellow levels. Could you clarify what  they are?

Thanks,

-=badger

Hello, Badger

Pearly King In Yellow levels offer physical copies of everything produced by the Kickstarter (Immortalised Pearly King In Yellow adds the option to have an artistic portrait of you used for one of the NPCs in one of the books)

Rule Britannica offers a physical copy of the Cthulhu Britannica: London Boxed Set and PDFs of everything produced by the Kickstarter AND (vitally important) physical and PDFs of every previous Cthulhu Britannica publication (Avalon, Shadows Over Scotland, Folklore, and the eponymous collection of adventures). It a huge bundle of books!

I hope that helps.

EDIT: I should mention that as of this morning all 100 Pearly King In Yellow pledges are now taken. Immortalised Pearly King In Yellow and Rule Britannica options remain available.

EDIT EDIT: And threehours later, now there are another 100 Pearly King In Yellow options added for those who missed the early bird option (see below).

Jon Hodgson

Good news! Due to the popularity of The Pearly King in Yellow pledge level, which sold out in one day, we've added The Pearly King in Yellow (Reanimated) pledge level.  The cost is slightly higher on this second chance, since if we sold too many of the original deal we'd be in trouble, but it's still a very good deal -  A thank you to all you early adopters who are propelling us towards those stretch goals. 

tgaitskell

Good news! Due to the popularity of The Pearly King in Yellow pledge level, which sold out in one day, we've added The Pearly King in Yellow (Reanimated) pledge level.  The cost is slightly higher on this second chance, since if we sold too many of the original deal we'd be in trouble, but it's still a very good deal -  A thank you to all you early adopters who are propelling us towards those stretch goals. 

Excellent news. Very gracious indeed of you, sir.

Thank heavens for that. Pledged at aforementioned level.

hamster

I've not been able to resist, backed at the highest level I can afford!

Afraid of the dark

Personally I think the Reanimated should be higher, as the whole idea of a  Kickstarter is to get in early, while it's running, and the earlier the better, as it encourages more people to get in on it.

Badger

Hello, Badger

Pearly King In Yellow levels offer physical copies of everything produced by the Kickstarter (Immortalised Pearly King In Yellow adds the option to have an artistic portrait of you used for one of the NPCs in one of the books)

Rule Britannica offers a physical copy of the Cthulhu Britannica: London Boxed Set and PDFs of everything produced by the Kickstarter AND (vitally important) physical and PDFs of every previous Cthulhu Britannica publication (Avalon, Shadows Over Scotland, Folklore, and the eponymous collection of adventures). It a huge bundle of books!

I hope that helps.

EDIT: I should mention that as of this morning all 100 Pearly King In Yellow pledges are now taken. Immortalised Pearly King In Yellow and Rule Britannica options remain available.

EDIT EDIT: And threehours later, now there are another 100 Pearly King In Yellow options added for those who missed the early bird option (see below).

That helps a lot, Stuart, thanks! I would definitely not have wanted to go with the Britannica option, as i already have most of those books. Thanks for opening up more Pearly KiY! Pledging now...

-=badger

hamster

People on Kickstarter are asking about Con pickups to avoid shipping costs, I wonder if collection from the Cubicle 7 offices would be a (cheeky) option, as I'm just down the road ;)

It would also avoid the addressing mix ups that have happened on my orders from the Cubicle 7 website!