Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AdamAstonbury

'Masks of Nyarlathotep' d20 Conversion

Dweller-in-Darkness

The Great Cthulhu provides! My recently recruited cultists showed me little good will when they flat out refused to play the BRP system of CoC as they are familiar with and more confortable playing in the d20 system. No problem, but I wasn't looking forward to having to convert the first campaign I put them through, that being CMoN. Many thanks to Piaw Na for posting this on the net, and to AdamAstonbury for posting the link.

AdamAstonbury

My pleasure.

Having read your account of your first session in your Journal, I'm quite sure your players will have a blast with MoN.

Happy gaming.

AcesandEights

As someone who is currently awaiting the slowboat from Chaosium to arrive with his new copy of Masks, this could nmot have come at a better time.

Sir, I salute you for bringing this to my attention!

Now, I was going to post (and may still do so) about converting, suggested starter levels etc. for BtMoM--so anybody who has any info, please pass it along :wink:

PoC

I've added the d20 conversion notes to our downloads section, following Piaw Na's comments:

When Call of Cthulhu d20 first came out, I enthusiastically embarked on a quest to convert the classic adventure Masks of Nyarlathotep to d20. I originally intended to publish the conversion under the standard d20 license, but along the way, I sent e-mail to Lynn Willis, the Chaosium editor overseeing the Call of Cthulhu line. He informed me that Chaosium was the only entity with rights to d20 conversions of any classic adventures, and agreed to buy my d20 conversion if I did it professionally. I quickly agreed and submitted the conversion on time.

Fast forward a few years, and Chaosium has publicly acknowledged that they will not publish any more d20 material, and Lynn has graciously agreed to allow me to publish my conversion on the internet for everyone to enjoy!

Source: http://www.geocities.com/choonpiaw/

Masks of Nyarlathotep d20 conversion notes

Paul